PDA

View Full Version : Safe-Audit

NanoTech
04-22-1999, 03:45 PM
Hi,

I was talking in an banner/sponsor channel on IRC last night for a few hours regarding internet marketing, but mainly Safe-Audit. All of the people I talked with have said they have been paid on time by Safe-Audit and in the full ammount (minus the 20% commision SA takes out). This goes against the majority of the information posted on here (and in Ryan's reviews) concerning webmasters not being paid. Has anyone had any problems recently regarding not been paid? To me, it looks as if the are trying to improve their program, and therfore possibly paying to all on time. Any feedback if always appreciated! Thanks.

Dave

kris
04-22-1999, 05:07 PM
I usually get paid on time by safe. Back in july 98, they didnt pay me but I got the check in dec98. Ever since, they've been on time.

NanoTech
04-23-1999, 05:44 AM
Kris,

SA says they pay at the end of the month for the previos months totals, and that you should receive checks the first week of the month. Is this time delivery time for UK locations or US locations? Do checks come in the normal mail or another delivery service (FedEx, UPS). Thanks.

Dave

NanoTech
04-23-1999, 01:59 PM
Kris,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that helped.

Dave

kris
04-23-1999, 11:03 PM
Nanotech
They pay similar to websponsors, in that they pay about 30 days after a particular month. Its for U.S. and U.k. They send the checks through a subdivision located in the U.S. The checks that i got were sent from Omaha, NE and they use U.S. postage. Mine came in through regular mail.
Hope that helped.

[This message has been edited by kris (edited 04-23-99).]

Ericy
04-24-1999, 04:51 AM
Althought I never had any payment problems with safe-audit. The 20% minus hurts. But the biggest problem with safe is not their payment but their tracking system. Their tracking system goes down every so often that it hinders the earning ability with them. It's not even funny how often their tracking system goes down. It was worst before and they try to improve it with a new set of tracking codes two month ago but still it goes down a lot. It's down right now as I'm writing this message. Their banner codes are also hard to install because you have to upload the image to your own server. Very sad performance from a program that's up as long as they have been.

I can't think of anything that good to say about them but that I like the pay out in their fortune city banner which I could had earn more if their tracking system were up more often.

I would give them a rating of one $
If anyone agree or disagree with my rating please tell me why.

KHN
04-24-1999, 08:19 AM
I have used Safe Audit for about 1 month and waiting a check on May 1st. As for uploading the banner on your server. Well you don't have to if you copy and past the image location into the banner code. You could do this easily if your using netscape. That's what I always do and never wast my time on uploading.

NanoTech
04-30-1999, 09:25 PM
Hi,

KHN, would you please post on here when you get your check for Safe-Audit? As stated above, you should be receiving one this week sometime. Thanks.

Dave

NanoTech
05-03-1999, 01:45 PM
Hi,

Has anyone received payment yet for March (should be coming this week). Also, has anyone had their April stats posted on their Account History page yet? Thanks.

Dave

KHN
05-03-1999, 01:56 PM
I'm still waiting for the payment for March and my April stat has not yet been posted on the Account History.

NanoTech
05-08-1999, 02:42 PM
Hi,

I went on IRC this afternoon, and some people said they received their Safe-Audit checks. Anyone on here get theirs yet? Thanks.

Dave M Lum

kris
05-08-1999, 02:47 PM
I got mine last friday.

NanoTech
05-08-1999, 03:01 PM
Hi,

Kris- Thanks for the promt reply (only 5 minutes!!). Was that check for your March activity? Was it the correct ammount (minus the 20% commision)? Thanks.

Dave

kris
05-09-1999, 03:10 AM
Yup, for March. Amount seems right.
The 20% hurts though.

KHN
05-12-1999, 12:02 PM
Has anybody receive the check for march from safe-audit yet? They said the check was mailed out on May 7 in my account but nothing has been seen.

NanoTech
05-12-1999, 12:10 PM
Hi,

KHN- Kris said he received his right at the beginning of May. I am thinking that either not all your advertisers have paid SAFE yet, or that your check is still in the mail. Mentioning of advertisers not paying yet, Kris & KHN- Which sponsors do you use? I am thinking like the larger businesses, like FamilyPoint and FortuneCity send their checks in on time, and therfore the people that advertise for them receive payment faster. This may also explain why some people do not receive payment from SAFE (the advertisers never pay). Im not sure on this, but it seems that a reputable company like FamilyPoint will get their checks to SAFE faster, than a small company or individual using SAFE's services. Any input on this?

Dave

kris
05-12-1999, 03:08 PM
I only advertise FortuneCity. I used to advertise Fastcompany and US magazine but they dropped them. Nanotech, you have a good point there.

KHN
05-12-1999, 04:28 PM
I advertise about all of them which are Fortune City, US News, Fast Company, Family Point, and Sweepstakes. US News was recently suspended by safe audit. I don't know if this have to do anything with the delay.

KHN
05-14-1999, 12:01 PM
I just want to let you guys know that i have just received a check from safe audit today.

NanoTech
05-14-1999, 01:41 PM
Hi,

Kris and KHN- Thanks for keeping me posted on the status of your checks coming in. I appreciate it!

Dave

Ryan Adams
05-16-1999, 06:20 PM
I am encouraged to hear that it sounds like their payment record has improved. I would agree that I haven't heard a specific complaint about them in some time, although I agree with Ericy that their tracking does seem to go down QUITE often. Im sure many of you have receivied their emails of the 'tracking was down again, we are looking to improve it shortly' type. Fortunately, it also looks like they have actually been improving it.

One thing of interest though is the way different companies handle the same situation. Safe Audit generally sends an apologetic email AFTER they have experienced difficulties. But that is it, and the affiliate is out what they should have earned.

Recently, TeknoSurf made some changes to their servers that resulted in some down time. They sent an email before this occurred warning everyone of when it would happen, and also promising to pro-rate everyone's earnings based on what they were making on average for the amount of time the service was down. A distinct difference in affiliate support to say the least.

The only consolation is that Safe's down time was probably not planned, and hence the lack of warning, but this wouldn't stop them from pro-rating earnings if they were serious.

In any regards, my Safe-Audit review is probably ready for an update, and I will work to have it up some time this week.

------------------
Ryan Adams
ClickQuick: Affiliate and pay-per-click programs reviewed
www.clickquick.com (http://www.clickquick.com)

NanoTech
05-25-1999, 08:06 PM
Hi,

Has anyone received their check for April yet? On the site, it says that they are to be sent on June, 1, but I have heard them to pay early sometime.

Dave

NanoTech
06-01-1999, 04:13 PM
Hi,

Any checks for this month yet?

Dave

widecrack
06-02-1999, 10:54 AM
They have sent my check for June 1st
I will keep you posted on when it comes.
btw, will it be check in the mail? or fedx?
if so will that fedx d00d knock on my door?

widecrack
06-02-1999, 03:09 PM
May 1999 $ 143.44 Check to be mailed on July 1, 1999.
-------------------------------------------
Please note that traffic generated during each month is reported on at the end of the month as a temporary assessment only. These figures are subject to amendment as a result of advertiser intervention or subsequent investigation. Payment is due at the beginning of the following month. So when we report on July Traffic, that is paid for at the beginning of September.
-------------------------------------------

thats what my history says, and no I haven't recieve a email as of yet, although I knew they are suppose to send me one.

KHN
06-02-1999, 04:56 PM
They said that to me last month but I didn't receive it till the 12th. So just be patience and it will come.

widecrack
06-02-1999, 06:15 PM
ok, hehe.

NanoTech
06-02-1999, 11:24 PM
Hi,

I think the checks are mailed from a US based company via normal mail. What does your account history say now that the check has been mailed, where it normally said "Check to be mailed June 1"? Thanks.

Dave

Also, they say they send an email when they send the checks. Did you receive one?

[This message has been edited by NanoTech (edited 06-02-99).]

NanoTech
06-08-1999, 11:32 PM
Hi,

Yay! The waiting is over for all you that questioned the N/A on your account history. it was replaced today (atleast mine was) with Check mailed 06.07.99. Yay! (again). Also, thanks to all who have contributed to my orignial messge.

Dave

NanoTech
07-14-1999, 07:27 AM
Hi,

Has anyone received their SAFE-Audit check for this month yet? My account says it was mailed on the 9th, but still no check in my mailbox. Thanks!

Dave

[This message has been edited by NanoTech (edited 07-15-99).]

NanoTech
07-15-1999, 09:28 AM
Hi,

I mailed Leo regarding the delay in the checks this month, and heres the reply I received:

You should get it in the next week or two. We were very late with the
checks this month because we changed over the software. We are nowmailing
single part address/letter/checks to speed up the processing. If youhave
not got it by the beginning of next month let us know and we will issuea
replacement to go out with your next months payment.
Leo

Dave

NanoTech
07-15-1999, 05:11 PM
Hi,

Fortune City is back with two campaings on SAFE-Audit; check it out.

Dave