PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

OneSearchPlace
08-20-2004, 07:23 AM
Hi there,

I have some questions:

1) Is it allowed to put domain name as your signature?
2) Is it allowed to post a message like "We ______.com offer XML feed to smaller search engines..."?
3) How can one advertise on geekvillage forums? Any pricing available?

That's it for the 1st post ;)

Czar
08-20-2004, 10:24 AM
Welcome to Geek/Talk, OneSearchPlace.

A variety of advertising options may be found on the following page:
http://www.geekvillage.com/advertise/advertise.htm

Beyond that, your signature can indeed be a powerful networking tool. Calls to action are supported, as are direct links to websites you own or under whose employ you remain. Affiliate links are unsupported, as are various other attention-grabbing devices (multiple font colours, huge text, etc.) Specifications may be found within our 'Rules' document, but common sense is usually the best guide. Keep it conservative and you'll be fine.

You may also like to wander over to the forums within Geek/Marketplace to locate another advertising channel that has produced well for members in the past.

OneSearchPlace
08-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Hi,

I tried to add a banner to my signature but it didn't work. Maybe you don't support [img] tag.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!

Steve_S
08-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Hi OneSearchPlace

Welcome to the "Village" and best of luck.

1. We only support vB code. IMG tags are not supported anywhere on these Forums. You can see our setting in your Control Panel on the far left side in the Signature settings. This even includes links. It also includes other specification.

Best of luck :)