PDA

View Full Version : Cookies problem here

Kathy
10-24-2002, 08:21 PM
Ookay, this is weird.

I bought a new computer with an upgraded browser. Seems that I keep having to log in.

I've set my browser prefs to "enable cookies" and my prefs here are set the same way.

I stay logged in on the two computers I use...and yet I've just realized that i haven't been logged in...and just now logged in and had to log in again.

I figure maybe its my new computer...but at work too on my old computer?

Any ideas?

MacOSX Jaguar

IE 5.2.1

Oh yes, new flat screen monitor (I know, unnecessary info for my cookie problem but i'm so thrilled with this big monitor I'm doing the happy monitor dance) and yes, my computer looks like a make-up mirror.

Furton
10-25-2002, 12:17 PM
Try and upgrade to IE6.

Steve_S
10-25-2002, 12:29 PM
Kathy and gang,

Thanks. Sorry you are having problems with the cookies and yes, those flat screens are tres cool.

I'm afraid I don't have use of system like your new MacOSX Jaguar to try and help you. Natch, I have some ideas:

Upgrade to Internet Explorer 5.2.2 for Mac OS X at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=43201&area=search&ordinal=2

Your new system is Unix and Mac OS. Maybe try running in native Mac OS mode and see what happens. Natch, restart the machine after the upgrade and see if any of this helps.

Edit: Please make sure you reach these Forums via the domain name and not the IP number. The first time switch always requires a new log in/set cookie.

Good luck :)

Webdude
11-04-2002, 05:30 PM
Log into your panel here and turn off/on the option to browse the forums with cookies. That should solve your problem. Depending on your system, you could have a prob either way. So change that to off if it's on, and on if it's off. I find that many times that fixes things, sometimes it doesnt..

Also if you have a firewall up such as Norton's Security it's level could be set too high and is blocking cookies.