PDA

View Full Version : Cookie problem

Jan
10-09-2002, 09:51 PM
Any ideas why I suddenly need to login. Twice today already I have had to :( It seems to be just this forum as the other BBs I am still logged in as I have been all the time.

I have made no changes on my computer settings, my GV options or anything else. :confused:

AleR
10-10-2002, 06:16 AM
May be number of cookies on your computer come near to limit...?

Jan
10-10-2002, 06:25 AM
Twice in three hours? Nah....

Steve_S
10-10-2002, 12:58 PM
Hi Jan,

I'm sorry you are having problems. I suggest you try my thoughts in the following thread:

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144

If that doesn't fix the issue (I hope it does :) ) then please post all the details of your system and the details of your browser in this thread.

Tips:

On a computer which you use and only you, you should always stay loged in. I have a machine that has been loged in for over a year.

On a publick computer and or one where other folks use it, you should always log out at the end of the session.

HTH

Jan
10-11-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Steve_S
On a computer which you use and only you, you should always stay loged in.
I always stay logged in, these occurences happened with the same session opened, once when I hit reload and the second time when I had left a thread open for an hour or so, then later hit home. It is almost like it times out after a while.

There have been no more occurences of this since I posted this thread, so I will put it down to the unexplained.

Should it happen again I will try your "cure" :) Although most of those things are not applicable as I have a small limit of temp internet files (5 Mb), but I wasn't using IE. I run adaware weekly (more often if I suspect funny stuff). As I was using Netscape the SP doesn't apply, and the cache clears itself several times a day without me even asking. ;)