PDA

View Full Version : Red x's

Lil_Red
04-18-2002, 06:16 PM
Am I the only person seeing all the graphics as little red x's?

Yesterday, they were all little N's. Today, they are x's

Rhea
04-18-2002, 06:24 PM
Hey Lil Red,

Yesterday I saw black "N"s. Today I'm not seeing anything at all where the smilies should be.

OH, STEVE!

(EDIT: I had a tooth pulled this morning. What do you expect, perfect typing? :) )

Guava
04-18-2002, 07:02 PM
All smilies are showing up for me using IE 5.5

:)

Lil_Red
04-18-2002, 07:04 PM
I've made absolutely no changes to my system and I'm seeing red x's :(.

Steve, this is happening in IE6.0 on a Win98 system.

Jan
04-18-2002, 10:10 PM
It is fine in Netscape, but this morning I followed a link to the IP address of these forums (66.33.**.**) and the pics were all broken in that one. I wondered what was happening as it was the original skin that showed as well.

Steve_S
04-18-2002, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up and sorry about the broken links.

I installed a bunch of mod_rewrite directives and forgot that some of you still use the IP number and not the domain name :) NO one using the domain name saw broken links.

The directive has been fixed so you may wish to fix your bookmarks to point to geekvillage.com and not the IP.

You will need to force a refresh to load the images. Most but not all supported browsers will handle this very well via the Refresh Button.

Or, close all browsers, empty your browser cash, restart your OS and launch your browser and point to:

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/

That should do it as I just confirmed the bug and confirmed my fix with a number of our supported browsers using both the IP and the domain name.

Thanks again. Closing ticket :angel: