PDA

View Full Version : Search programs - need help/suggestions

rbacal
12-08-2001, 10:24 AM
Thought you folks might be a faster resource for this question. What I want to do is link to search program results pages through several keywords/search terms (e.g. human resources would go to the human resources search result page). I know I can do that with something like targetwords, using text links.

Where the wrinkle comes is that I want to use self-designed banners, instead of just the search term, on my site.

In testing, I've found that CTR is quite good for appropriate terms, and that the terms can be high value.

Questions:

Which, if any, search/keyword programs allow this?

Anyone have suggestions on which programs would fit best, and yield max. income?

Lil_Red
12-08-2001, 10:39 AM
Lawrence (targetwords) is a regular contributor here. He may allow you to design a banner around a keyword. Why not ask him?

Lawrence1
12-08-2001, 03:34 PM
Rbacal,

We would be glad to work with you on self-designed banners.

Can you email info@targetwords.com with the banners before using them?

Thanks.

Lawrence

Czar
12-09-2001, 12:13 AM
GoClick, ClickThruTraffic and SearchTraffic also allow this with a limited range of search terms (and they already have banners designed to fit this purpose). If you'd like to expand the range with your own banners, I'm sure that te admins of those respective programs would be willing to consider your proposal.

rbacal
12-09-2001, 10:36 AM
Thanks. I'll check with Robert from SI, or perhaps he can respond here. I believe the bids are quite high for the terms I want to use, so I was also considering a revenue split type program, but I'd like to try Searchtraffic.

The basic issue will be how good the search results are for the terms (conversion rate issue).

Robert from SI
12-09-2001, 08:20 PM
rbacal,

Feel free to contact me or admin@searchtraffic.com with any questions you have.

Supermoo
12-10-2001, 04:31 AM
I've found both Oversee and Standard Internet to be very helpful, and have recieved cheques from both companies on time in the past.

Good luck rbacal.