PDA

View Full Version : DoubleClick

cheatman
12-07-2001, 10:33 AM
I was just accepted into doubleclick.net Anyone know the average CPM Rate?

Do they fill all inventory? I have 3.6 Million Monthly Page Views, Anyone think it would not all will be filled? ANyone have good companies they use a default advertiser?

(I have the contract i need to fax, anyone know how I can send one over the net? i have no fax machine)

Lil_Red
12-07-2001, 11:05 AM
CPM varies depending on which campaigns are run on your site. You can expect somewhere between 10-20% defaults on average.

ralphch
12-07-2001, 12:39 PM
cheatman: How long did it take doubleclick to reply to your application? I'm still waiting for a reply. More than two weeks already gone :(

Ralph.

ralphch
12-07-2001, 12:41 PM
ps: you can check out www.faxaway.com . u can send and receive faxes thru there.

Johan
12-07-2001, 02:37 PM
I was just accepted into the DoubleClick Audience network as well after sending in the request last week. Contract has been signed now, so hopefully I'll get the account today or early next week.

The contract had some bad parts though:
1. Only accept US traffic. Have to sort out the rest..
2. Have to pay $0.25 for all defaults (no choice to skip showing defaults).
3. Must have two banners.

Hopefully it'll end up paying more than FastClick in the end :) Otherwise it's non-exclusive so I could just put doubleclick as defaults to fastclick or something.

Oh, and it was after reading some posts about doubleclick accepting new sites in this forum that I applied. So thanks! :)

PistolPete
12-07-2001, 02:46 PM
I've been with doubleclick for almost a year now. I've been averaging approximately 65% defaults. From what I've read in these forums, they now charge .25 cents CPM for the defaults. If that's the case, at the default rates I'm receiving, I may not be able to make a profit anymore.

I may have to reject the new contract come February.

Pete

ralphch
12-07-2001, 03:01 PM
How's that?? DoubleClick charges webmasters for default banners??

Johan
12-07-2001, 03:26 PM
No credit card #. It seem as it'll be matched against the income.

ralphch
12-07-2001, 03:29 PM
Ok, cool.

Anyway... The guys at DoubleClick are extremely rude. I applied to their network 2 weeks ago and they still haven't replied. :mad:

Johan
12-07-2001, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by ralphch
Ok, cool.

Anyway... The guys at DoubleClick are extremely rude. I applied to their network 2 weeks ago and they still haven't replied. :mad: That's what used to happen to me as well. Don't think I still got any replies to applications I made over a year ago..

ralphch
12-07-2001, 03:56 PM
Well, don't worry. I emailed the guys at DoubleClick letting them know how rude they are :)

An extract of what I sent is...

"I would really appreciate if you could, at least, have the good manners of replying
to my application."

Let's see what they reply (if they reply).

Ralph.

Gogi
12-07-2001, 04:13 PM
Ralphch, don't be so aggressive. We are all humans and even "guys from DoubleClick" are. The could simply lost your application. But you lost a chance to get into the network. Is it a good price?

PistolPete
12-07-2001, 04:14 PM
I assume, if at the end of the month it turns out that a publisher owes doubleclick money resulting from defaults. ie. a net loss for the month. They will send the publisher an invoice instead of a check.

How funny is that? :)

Pete

ralphch
12-07-2001, 04:23 PM
I don't think they lost my application. I submitted it twice in two weeks, and I also emailed Chris Smith personally (his email appears on the Audience Network page). No replies.

Also, I don't really care about not having the chance to join their ad network. I just wanna call their attention :D

Don't worry, I'll create my own ad network based on my own new stardard: CPX. More on this soon...

Ralph.