PDA

View Full Version : AdBonus.com, any comments?

ralphch
12-07-2001, 06:32 AM
Hi.

AdBonus.com just signed me up, and they offer Pop-Unders at a rate of $1.5 CPM. Not bad. Should I trust them?

Anyway... Will placing pop-under ads on my site scare away visitors or annoy them so they never come back?

Thanks,
Ralph.
www.argenteen.com

Czar
12-07-2001, 06:39 AM
Hey Ralph,

Generally, if the popunders are capped so as to appear a maximum of once/session/user, they shouldn't excessively irritate your users unless the content of the pops is in some way offensive.

As to determining AdBonus' reputation and trustworthiness, that judgement is up to you, since they're so new as to have developed no track record in terms of payment delivery. In the company's short life span, however, the AdBonus team has firmly established their reputation as blaitant spammers, which is most likely how you were introduced to their service.

For more on this:
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14065&highlight=adbonus

Jan
12-07-2001, 07:03 AM
Please get back to us on your experiences :)

Who knows, despite the way they went about getting signups, they might just turn out to be reputable?

Either way, give us feedback please.

<edit>
Just remembered this
Originally posted by ralphch
2) Anyone know any good ad networks that will accept sites written in Spanish?

Do you think he contacted you because you were getting desperate for someone to accept a foreign language site????

What do the TOS say about that?

Okay I just checked and they have a drop down box of languages :)

yevlesh
01-29-2002, 01:37 AM
I just got an offer from AdBonus, so I thought I would dig this thread up and see if anyone has any updated info or experience with them.
I am mostly interested in their email and banner programs, not pop-unders.

Yevgeniy

Lil_Red
06-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Has anyone tried them since January? Any feedback - good or bad?

GSE-Media
06-13-2002, 09:59 PM
I gave them a try for just a little bit, but it looked liked they were undercounting massively, and back when I tried it was only .50 CPM. So, I honestly didn't give it much time.

One good thing, at least, their popups are very small and they load quickly too.

I didn't make the minimum, so I don't know if they pay or not.

Lil_Red
01-08-2003, 11:59 AM
Has anyone had any experience with these guys in the last six months?