PDA

View Full Version : Any info on TrafficSupport.com

Orion
12-07-2001, 01:12 AM
I have received several e-mailís from http://www.trafficsupport.com along with a username and password without signing up for them. Usually I would write it off as spam but they claim to be part of 24/7, a reputable company.

I have never heard of them.

Their info:
TrafficSupport.com operates the affiliate program for Engine54.com, the search engine that "Makes Search Work". Engine54.com is a division of 24/7 Media, Inc... a public company trading on the NASDAQ as "TFSM

Do they pay?
Do webmasters get good results?

Any information on them would be great.

Thanks,
Micah Williams
http://www.hockeytraderumors.com

singloon
12-07-2001, 01:18 AM
received the same email although i never used contentzone account much in the first place since i had Luna ads (not any more)

sdarken
12-07-2001, 02:05 AM
You misread their email. They don't claim to be part of 24/7, they claim to operate the affiliate program for a company which is part of 24/7.

I have never heard of Engine54.com. There is nothing on the Engine54.com site or in the Whois information for Engine54.com to suggest that it is part of 24/7. They are running 24/7 advertising on some pages however.

My bet is that Engine54 is actually owned by TrafficSupport but I could be wrong.

DownDiver
12-07-2001, 04:00 AM
sdarken, you may be right...

doing an "nslookup" for trafficsupport.com and engine54.com yields something interesting...

Name: trafficsupport.com
Address: 216.35.176.34

Name: engine54.com
Address: 216.35.176.30

Meowser
12-07-2001, 08:21 AM
If they aren't from contentzone or part of 24/7 then I would like to know where they got my Social Security number from because they have that info. Also have my correct postal address and e-mail address that was used when I was part of contentzone - which is not the same info as what is listed on my domain name info.

jnestor
12-07-2001, 01:58 PM
I had been rejected from ContentZone but got the same e-mails. They most certainly do claim to be part of 24/7. This is from their first e-mail:

As you're aware, The Content Zone has transferred your website's ad-serving to the
TrafficSupport.com affiliate network. TrafficSupport is another division of 24/7
Media which operates the largest search engine affiliate program in existence.

I got a second e-mail from them today with my account details.

sdarken
12-07-2001, 02:54 PM
>>TrafficSupport ...... operates the largest search engine affiliate program in existence.

And that would be for what search engine? engine54.com? Still sounds weird to me but at least you have explained how they got that personal info from - Content Zone

demae
12-07-2001, 07:02 PM
I received the same e-mail. I had a ContentZone account, although that account didn't have any approved websites on it. I guess ContentZone just transferred all their accounts to TrafficSupport.

From what I can tell, TrafficSupport is a performance based popup, right? Has anyone tried it? If so, what results did you get?

Orion
12-07-2001, 07:40 PM
I did log into thier account with my user name and password. They appear to be a text link type of company.

I have yet to run other ads because I was waiting to hear what others had thought.

Still sounds really fishy to me because I was rejected by contentzone. It just seems quite odd that they would spam their members and or people who were rejected with this program.

I did look on 24/7's web page for any mention of them. I was unable to find anything.

-----------
Micah Williams
http://www.hockeytraderumors.com