PDA

View Full Version : Focallax Signups difficult?

koolio
12-05-2001, 07:29 PM
Just wondering if u guys think its annyoying when someone who wants to sign up with focalex has to go through a bunch of "No thanx" and also when confirming.

Lil_Red
12-05-2001, 09:14 PM
I just tried one and had to go through 9 no thanks to get to the finish. I could understand 1 or 2 or having all the offers on one page but few people are going to have the patience to go through 9 screens to sign up for a newsletter.

madaweb
12-05-2001, 10:35 PM
You think maybe that's why I've only made $2.23 from them so far :)

Orion
12-05-2001, 11:03 PM
I have never had any luck getting people to sign up for e-lists in general. I think that making people go through such a long process is only going to make people angry and as a result are going to close their browser long before the end of the sign up process as I just did.

If the sign up process was made a little easier to complete I think that I may be willing to give them a try.

Edwin
12-05-2001, 11:14 PM
If you have enough traffic, there's still money to be made from this kind of thing. I get $200-250 a month from Focalex... though the mix has changed (used to be all from signups, now it's 50% off of their pop-behind window).

Lil_Red
12-06-2001, 07:53 AM
I have a lot of traffic and my visitors weren't going for it. I ran it for 3 days and had 0 sign ups.

WebFanatic
12-06-2001, 08:10 AM
Focalex is a really good program. They pay on time too :D

I find their embedded form has the greatest results. Pop ups don't do too well for me. You can also switch up the mailing lists users are signing for by making a few adjustments to the code. That way, you target your visitors and generate higher conversions.

koolio
12-06-2001, 08:27 AM
Im getting a 70% Conversion rate so far =)

FocaJohnL
12-06-2001, 05:08 PM
Hi all,

John from Focalex here; I just wanted to clarify something about the signup process. The initial submit (with list selections, email address, and zip code) are the ones that generate the raw signup. Basically, if a surfer went to your site, saw the Focalex popup, and hit the submit button, they would receive the confirmation message regardless of whether or not they go through the following screens. The stuff on the backend helps us maintain a higher pay rate for affiliates to boot!

WebFanatic, I find that very interesting input. In general, our affiliates have found improved signup rates with the popup, as opposed to the embedded form, but it's also definitely true that lists that match your site's targetted traffic will pull much better than generalized lists. Can you private message me details on your site? As I said, I'm always interested in when the embedded form performs better than the popup for an affiliate.

Robert from SI
12-06-2001, 05:23 PM
SI has had used Focalex for close to 2 years now and we have always been pleased with the results and timely payments.

qball0213
12-06-2001, 11:09 PM
I do better on the embedded form also, would love to see some more specific software tips related lists. :)