PDA

View Full Version : Allposters sales update

david11982
12-04-2001, 12:21 PM
I started a thread about 2 months ago discussing my odd sales pattern with allposters.com affiliate program. To recap: I sold a lot of posters/art prints during my very first week with the program on relatively little traffic. Then I went well over 5,000 individual item click throughs (not an exaggeration) with absolutely 0 sales. Now I have seen several sales in the last week on just a few hundred clicks. Did I get my account "turned back on"? After my long run with no sales I had stopped promoting them, and all the clicks they were getting from me were for pages that I just haven't updated in months. I guess people are just more likely to buy something during this time of year, while they just like online window shopping at other times.

joma
12-04-2001, 04:43 PM
FWIW, the approach of Xmas has had basically no effect on my AllPosters sales whatsover. Amazon sales MIGHT be up a little, but then I've been promoting them more lately.

david11982
12-14-2001, 09:15 AM
Well it looks like my allposters drought is officially over. For the past 2 weeks I have seen a consistant number of sales with allposters for a wide variety of different posters and prints. Definately more effective for my sites than CJ or any other ad networks.

joma
12-14-2001, 11:53 AM
Update on my situation: My AllPoster sales are up approximately 33%, starting about December 3.

It started later than I expected and isn't the huge pop that offline retailers see at Christmastime, but I'll take it.