PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard of cmg enterprise

kryton
12-03-2001, 03:42 PM
They just expected me, but I don't remember applying, but I must have. Anyone had any experience with them?

http://www.cmgenterprise.com/

They are serving ads from some domain called AdButler

http://imgserv.adbutler.com/

Not the best login I've seen as well.

Koj-Gysto
12-03-2001, 03:55 PM
Try the search function... but as far as I remember they are not worth using...

kryton
12-03-2001, 03:58 PM
ok thanks, that answer usually sums up and ad company.

Alvin Koh
12-10-2001, 12:52 PM
I just started with CMG enterprise for slightly over a week and found that they are a little more flexible in terms of banner placement and no unsold inventory.

However, as of 2 days ago, their site was down until early this morning and was alright for a few hours showing my stats from 3 days back. Now it's accessible again - anyone else having the same problems?

I also have some queries regarding their stats to peer members on their networks. My stats for the first few days show 81K paid advertising views, but the paid value was at $8.10 ($0.10 CPM) instead of the stated $0.25.

I'd written about the CPM query to their members' help email address but immediately received a bounced mail saying the account "help" does not exist at the domain so I tried another email from someone else in this forum who'd sent an email previously and it did get through and I'm awaiting a reply right now.

Alvin.

notibrian
12-10-2001, 01:11 PM
Welcom to the forum Alvin ... do they serve several different banner ads or only a few? can you please let us know after receiving the reply. Thanks in advance :)

by the way, just visited the site ... but the main graphics (top/left) aren't loading ... be aware ...

Alvin Koh
12-10-2001, 01:28 PM
Hi notibrian and thanks for the welcome. :D

I just tried the page again and it's indeed loading again after another round of down time. The main as well as members' login page are as you've described - the top left graphics are not loading. I reckon they're in the midst of recovery again at this very moment.

The stats are still stuck at the figures about 3-4 days ago, but I'm glad to see they're somewhat back online. I do hope they receive my email.

P.S. The ads served are indeed quite limited. I reckon I see the same banners every 4-5 pages views, often the same ads back to back. I know it probably has a significance on the advertisers they have, but wouldn't attempt to pressume anything more than that at the moment.

Alvin.

C. Stark
12-10-2001, 08:47 PM
I remember reading many grievances about CMG Enterprises on this forum a few months ago.