PDA

View Full Version : New Discussion Board !

singloon
12-02-2001, 07:51 AM
:cool:

Rhea
12-02-2001, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the tip AS!

Maybe someone can tell me how to link to Oprah's Book Club. I don't watch her show but *lots* of people who buy books do!

Kathy
12-02-2001, 12:37 PM
THanks AS!

Rhea, I went and logged in, posted the OPRAH BOOKS question and then looked again at the "make links". I clicked on the KEYWORDs and typed in Oprah...

Low and behold it created all sorts of sizes of banners and ads (they resemble the "recommended banners/ads") all with Oprah book list books!

I'd been wondering how to do this myself...and figured it out after I posted. :eek:

Ah, well...I have the link now in my banner rotation. :D

Rhea
12-02-2001, 10:28 PM
Hi Kathy,

I saw the post about Oprah's Book Club on amazon.com and figured it was you! :)

I guess I didn't explain what I would like to do very well. I want to create a text link to amazon's Oprah's Book Club page. The banner links are great but I really want a text link that goes to the amazon page that lists all of Oprah's Book Club recommendations. Unfortunately there's no ASIN associated with the page so I don't know if the affiliate ID would be passed to that page.

Anyone know how to do this? :confused:

qball0213
12-03-2001, 12:39 AM
First get the url for the Oprah page, then login and go to the build a link page, at the very bottom, click on link to any page at Amazon, copy the url and name it, and build your link.

david11982
12-03-2001, 11:05 AM
Yeah, it would be nice to know if Amazon links have done anything for me in the past week. I can build all sorts of nice links but if I want to find out if they are generating sales I'm still left in the dark. I think we all need to start emailing amazon every time they don't update stats for 3 days or more. A company of their stature should never be this lazy.

david11982
12-03-2001, 11:07 AM
P.S. - What's up with that name? "Associates Helping Associates" ? It sounds like the name of an illegal pyramid scheme.

Kathy
12-03-2001, 03:59 PM
BTW< I had trouble using their discussion board. I had to "register" to use the boards, even though I was logged in as an associate. Apparently, they have another set of discussion boards...Friends or something and this new discussion board is for the associates, but in this setting. So, I had to take the long way around to use their message board....And I'm not sure its worth it. Doesn't look like others know abtuo the board.

:D

I agree! 8 days is WAY WAY too long to go without info abuot your stats.

Rhea
12-03-2001, 09:50 PM
This is the URL for Oprah's Book Club on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/68100/103-0018417-7218221

If anyone can figure out how to pass an affiliate ID with this puleeze let me know. I haven't a clue. :(

qball0213
12-03-2001, 09:54 PM
Go to this page https://associates.amazon.com/exec/panama/associates/resources/build-links/any-url-link.html//103-1590607-3548653 fill in the information and click build it.

Rhea
12-04-2001, 01:18 PM
Thanks qball for explaining how that works! I feel pretty dumb never having noticed before that you could create a link to any URL. Now that I know about it...hmmm...wonder what other cool 'stores' within amazon might be nice to list on my sites. :D