PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried Nail It Advertising !

doudy
11-30-2001, 04:53 PM
i just joined nail it advertising i have some questions here !

1- anyone joined them before ?

2- i am doing well with them so did any webmaster here recieved a check from them .

3- shall i use them as my primary ad network as i am generating more than 50,000 impresion per day with a click through of 3.8%

thanks please i need to know urgent do they pay or not !

thanks geeks ;)

jnestor
11-30-2001, 06:39 PM
I used them for about 3 month. I made around $30 each month and was paid on time every time. I dropped them since they don't work as a default and I got a low CTR and hence a very low effective CPM. If you can get a decent CTR on their ads and/or can't get into another network I'd say use them. They pay 10 days after the end of the month which is very fast in these days of NET-60.

doudy
11-30-2001, 07:18 PM
thanks jnestor ! anyone else used them geeks ! :) ????

Jan
11-30-2001, 08:41 PM
There were a few that were going to try them out, but I haven't heard any feedback as yet.

There was a discussion about them a while back. If you use the search tool at the top of the page, you will find those threads.

And welcome!! :wave:

doudy
11-30-2001, 09:23 PM
yea i looked at the threads written about them before but still all webmasters just wondering how they do !! but still no feedback !!

thanks jan

Koj-Gysto
12-01-2001, 01:06 PM
I have used them for two weeks now after I was accepted (signed up in the beginning of October so it took them 1 month before accepting my site).

They have been the most succesfull network for me so far after my free hosting and 1$ cpm deal with socceralliance.com was cancelled a couple of months ago (that was seriously a good time!)

I'm making an effective cpm of about 0.5$ with nail it advertising which is quite good these days. However, there's a huge different between my own stats and their stats. According to my stats I get a ctr of about 1% and that should give me an effective cpm of 1$ but I only get about the half. I know they only pay for unique clicks but who do actually click more than 1 banner???

This could be something with default banners but I haven't seen any banners which looks like defaults... Maybe I don't get paid for those 'you have 1 price waiting' and such.

As I just recently started using them I haven't been paid and I haven't reached the 50$ minimum this month so there'll go some time before I see a check. Hope it comes.

kryton
12-01-2001, 09:10 PM
I used them and was not paid. You can read about my experience with them here http://www.bootsector.net/nailit.html

doudy
12-01-2001, 11:28 PM
well thanks :) i will email them asking for that :)

as i see on their stats my CTR is currently 13% by their measures . so is this considered a good rate on their point of view or what ???

Koj-Gysto
12-02-2001, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by doudy
well thanks :) i will email them asking for that :)

as i see on their stats my CTR is currently 13% by their measures . so is this considered a good rate on their point of view or what ???
You should notice that the ctr on their stats page is per unique impressions. This means that if you show an average of 10 ads per visitor your real ctr is "only" 1.3%, which still is a good ctr. If you show even more ads per visitor your ctr will be lower but you can't see that in their stats.

doudy
12-02-2001, 08:05 AM
mm i think u got it wrong !

say for exmplae i show about 15 ads to each unique visitor i have !

and i have 1 click each 60 impressinos

by their measures they will count only 4 unique impression and 1 click so my ctr will be about 25 %

isn't it ???

kryton
12-02-2001, 03:49 PM
I averaged 3% by their strange calculations. My CTR spiked to 8% on some days. I also think they didn't count all clicks (but would not trust my own adserver 100%, that I was using at the time.) They said most of my clicks where coming from non-US contries, (50% of my traffic is US). And the advertisers would not pay them because of it, but as far as I could see they were using advertising.com.

souperman
12-12-2001, 09:51 PM
From my experience nailitadvertising doesn't seeem to pay people from outside the US. Every month however amount I
earned it is deleted.

"Yours is a non-United States site.
We determine your payrate according to your website content and traffic. Your site did not perform well for our clients. We should have higher paying banners for your site soon."

And I ran them for 3 months after that, and everytime whatever I earned was just deleted.

doudy
12-14-2001, 05:27 PM
well they just deleted my previous month balance !

finally i can say THEY DON'T PAY PUBLISHERS at all !!

i never heared of someone getting paid from them !!

i just want to know is there any legal action we can take with them ???????

Koj-Gysto
12-14-2001, 07:44 PM
Deleted my earnings from last month too... I was actually making a 1% ctr...

kryton
12-14-2001, 08:12 PM
as well as myself, my friend who owns spacesurfer.com was deleted by them as well. Same story as everyone else.

Lil_Red
12-14-2001, 08:19 PM
If you have print outs of your stats that would be considered proof which small claims court recognizes.

Czar
12-14-2001, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by doudy
i never heared of someone getting paid from them !!

i just want to know is there any legal action we can take with them ???????
doudy, I've been trying to avoid entering this thread as a result of receiving legal threats from Nail It in the past, but I felt that I needed to comment on this. As such, I'll present a few facts as objectively as possible so that you may make your own mind up about the organization and any legal avenues that you may pursue.

As you may or may not be aware, Nail It Advertising is formed largely by the same team who were behind eAds and adClix.

Now, eAds were relatively highly regarded within the US-based affiliate realm, to whom they paid regularly and were one of the first ever banner networks. Many overseas publishers (myself included), on the other hand, received errant account cancellations when pay day came around. Others complained about the shoddy technology driving the network, and the founder's dubious email marketing methods which bordered on spam. Anyway, earlier this year the network (and company, presumably) shut down with little more than a wimper.

Mr Nail and crew focused their attention on adClix, which was similarly rife with complaints regarding undue account cancellations (which allegedly often happened secretly), and the non-receipt of payments:
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6362&highlight=adclix
After losing most of its clients (through bankruptcy and the low quality of the traffic generated by the network, according to John Nail in his email to me dated 28th July, 2001) adClix dissolved earlier this year and the team once again moved on to a different name.

Which is where Nail It comes into the picture. A few days after registering their domain name, Nail It started sending bulk mail to former adClix members inferring that they already have 25,000 active publishers (when really they had 25,000-35,000 names left in the adClix database, which was transferred to the new company - possibly against adClix' own privacy policy - by Mr Nail, who ensured me that he wass legally entitled to do so as a result of being the majority shareholder in both ventures). The company quickly drew criticism for allegedly using a template-based design on their promotional site, and listing the names of several well-branded companies on their front page with no adequate qualification. Of course, the assumption would have been that these companies were Nail It clients, when that was not the case (although some were clients of adClix, according to Mr Nail).

Anyway, the Geeks systematically tore the network apart and recommended that others avoid them wherever possible (which is why it's soooo essential that you perform a search on this forum before joining any network):
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9486&highlight=nail+it+advertising

For those who were unfortnate enough to have joined, delivered, and had their balances deleted, it seems that you may simply have to put this down to a lesson learned, cut your losses and go elsewhere. Wanting to remain as objective as possible, I'd like to think that emails and phone calls to Mr Nail would clear up any doubts you have and stimulate payment of those monies owed to you, but the executive's track record suggests that as soon as the heat intensifies, Nail It will shut down and open somewhere else under a different name - but with the same customer lists.

If the amounts that you are owed are significant enough, it may be worth consulting with a lawyer in order to calculate whether or not there are grounds sufficient to pursue Mr Nail directly for his hand in these three operations, given the difficulty of nailing down (sorry, bad pun) any of his companies while they remain active and solvent entities.

HTH

Koj-Gysto
12-15-2001, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Czar
Anyway, the Geeks systematically tore the network apart and recommended that others avoid them wherever possible (which is why it's soooo essential that you perform a search on this forum before joining any network):
Well, I actually did read the threads about them but decided to try them out anyway since I wasn't making any money anyway because I haven't been able to get into any good networks and the only companies that want to advertise on my site is betting companies paying per new customer and I haven't had any success at all with those. I have tried posters where the interest is huge but it's only US based companies that have soccer posters and their high shipping prices to Europe (where most of my visitors are from) scares potential customers away.

I was always prepared that this could happen, so it didn't come as a big surprise when they just deleted my earnings...

I'm almost reaching 500k pageviews per month and hope I can get into some good networks at that time.

Lil_Red
12-15-2001, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Czar

For those who were unfortnate enough to have joined, delivered, and had their balances deleted, it seems that you may simply have to put this down to a lesson learned, cut your losses and go elsewhere. Wanting to remain as objective as possible, I'd like to think that emails and phone calls to Mr Nail would clear up any doubts you have and stimulate payment of those monies owed to you, but the executive's track record suggests that as soon as the heat intensifies, Nail It will shut down and open somewhere else under a different name - but with the same customer lists.

If the amounts that you are owed are significant enough, it may be worth consulting with a lawyer in order to calculate whether or not there are grounds sufficient to pursue Mr Nail directly for his hand in these three operations, given the difficulty of nailing down (sorry, bad pun) any of his companies while they remain active and solvent entities.

HTH

In Massachusetts, it costs $18 to file in small claims court. It is one piece of paper and does not involve a lawyer. It's worth it if you ask me. You fill out the paper, the court sends a letter to the other party. If they do not show up, you win by default and it goes on their record.

jnestor
12-16-2001, 02:10 PM
You fill out the paper, the court sends a letter to the other party. If they do not show up, you win by default and it goes on their record.

And then you attempt to collect on the judgement and find that it's just as hard as collecting on what they owe you in the first place. If it's large enough you might find a collection agency that'll go after them for you.

Pretty much if you want a moral victory it's not a bad way to go. If you expect to actually collect the money owed it'll be much tougher than just filing in small claims court.

That said I'd like to repeat again that I used NailIt and got paid on time every time for 3 months. I chose to stop using them since their ads didn't perform well on my site.

Lil_Red
12-16-2001, 02:42 PM
Actually, if they don't pay you get to send the sheriff over to collect for you. Pretty much, one way or the other you get what is owed you.

The other benefit is, when they lose, it goes on their credit record and business documents. Basically, banks and investors will see this and call them a bad risk.

SWD
12-17-2001, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't use them! my friend got like USD$50 in a month and he didn't get paid! so! my opinion is to change it!