PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for amazon to approve websites?

LastActionHero
11-28-2001, 02:07 AM
Hello,

I signed up amazon.com associates program 3 days back. After finishing up the sign-up process I immediately got a Welcome mail which said I have been granted full access to the associate center and I can log on to generate links. I was also given my associate ID. The mail also said that I will receive another email when my website is approved. The problem is I can't log on to associate center as I don't have a password. I tried the forgot password link and it says my email address is not in the database. SO what do I do?

Thanks.

madaweb
11-28-2001, 06:49 PM
LastActionHero
It took them 3 days to approve me, but meanwhile I was able to log on and create my links, so something's not right. When I signed uo I chose my own user name and password, although they did assign me an Associates ID, which is included in my links to identify the buyer as coming from my site.

david11982
11-29-2001, 12:58 AM
yeah, you should definately write them an email about that. I was able to use the email and password that I chose when I signed up. Maybe things have changed in the past year or so, but your site will probably be approved very soon, so I wouldn't worry about it. Has anyone in here ever been rejected by amazon? I know they've even accepted free hosted sites in the past.

LastActionHero
11-29-2001, 04:23 AM
Thank You for your help guys. I got my confirmation email today along with a link to complete my sign-up and choose a password. Now to build some links. :)

demae
11-29-2001, 08:35 AM
And here I thought Amazon would accept everyone automatically, considering they don't pay for anything but sales...

jpoc
11-29-2001, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by demae
... I thought Amazon would accept everyone automatically, ...

Whatever the old policy, I expect that they tightened up a bit as a result of the publicity that they got when somebody spotted affiliate links on a website belonging to a Middle East based organisation that is described by many as terrorist.

jpoc

Mehere
01-06-2002, 08:48 PM
I was aproved the same day
Must be lucky I guess