PDA

View Full Version : burst, fastclick, advertising.com

ebtravis
11-27-2001, 07:24 PM
I am a member of all of these ad networks. I have been with burst the longest but lately my revenue has dropped to a 1/3 of what it was 2 weeks ago.

anyways I have been using fastclicks pop ups and skyscrapers, but I have also been using advertising.com as a default for my fastclick skyscrapers.

The question is is should I see how advertising.coms popups do compared to fastclicks? or is fastclick still the best pop up network out there?

Also should I start using advertising.com 468x60 banners? Burst is really dissappointing me now and I have read people who get good results with Advertising.com banners.
thanks

Lil_Red
11-27-2001, 07:54 PM
If you do a search on adv.com, you will find a lot of people end up with mostly CPAs rather than CPM/CPC banners.

Even Steven
11-30-2001, 01:04 AM
I was a member of all three networks, though I never put FastClick to much use.

But Burst and Advertising.com both disappointed me. I can't say much for the pop-ups, because I never used them. But for the 468x60 banners, the bottom-line revenue is not what it's cracked up to be.

I ran Burst ads for a year, and I could only generate about $120.00 a month on total impressions of about 2.5 million. Advertising.com was about the same.

Problem is those sites run too many non-targeted ads. They seem to run the ads that visitors don't care to click on.

Gracklor
11-30-2001, 02:07 AM
When comparing 468x60 banners, there is no comparison between Fastclick and Advertising.com. I'm currently running Adv.com as defaults for Fastclick, and I'm glad I have them in that order. I'm making a little over $1 a day via Fastclick (and more than twice that with the popunders). Adv.com is getting about $.60 a day, but that's including the skyscrapers (again, default for FastC).

Lil_Red is right. There are a lot of CPA ads in Adv.com rotation. If you net a sale, they can really pay off, but most of the time you won't see a thing, depending on your audience. While they do seem to pay on time, the amount in your check may not leave you jumping for joy. ;)

denasio
11-30-2001, 10:49 PM
I'm currently running Adv.com as defaults for Fastclick, and I'm glad I have them in that order.

How did you manage to do this?

I also want to do this but the Adv.com banners require a 8 digit random code or something?

Czar
11-30-2001, 11:32 PM
Use either the Dynamic code, or the code developed specifically for FastClick. Both of these may be found within ACE.