PDA

View Full Version : Ctr

Mbarb
11-26-2001, 10:28 AM
Hello,

I'm wondering what the average CTR is on top of the page 468x60 banners. I know the rate depends on the targeting of the ads.bla bla bla.. I'm looking to sell some advertising direct and I need a number to work with.

1%, .5% , .25% what do you normally see??

Lil_Red
11-26-2001, 10:38 AM
Every site is going to have a different CTR. The only number relevant for you would be your normal CTR. Place a banner in the spot you want to sell and then monitor the click through for a week to see what you can realistically expect.

Wiggum
11-26-2001, 02:21 PM
I've read that the industry average is between .25% and .5%

firstmark
11-26-2001, 10:45 PM
CTR depends more on the type of ad than targeting. Ads designed for clicks can get possibly 50 times the click thru rates of ads not designed for clicks.

To see this difference yourself try running a treetloot punch the monkey type ad, a colonize you have one message waiting banner which is flashing, and a standard aria credit card banner.

For comparison some ads on my site get less than 0.1 percent clickthru while others cpm based of course get over 4 percent clickthru rates such as colonize and netflips ads.

PaulT
11-27-2001, 07:52 AM
CTR's really do vary. It's impossible to say what is a "good or average" CTR.

For example, I had a 7% (that's SEVEN!) CTR on a 468x60 banner on a "Your FREE PRIZES are waiting!" advert.

:eek:

david11982
11-27-2001, 10:28 AM
I'm currently getting nearly 8% ctr on a "Free Cell Phone" banner toward the bottom of some pages. The conversion rate is awful though. Apparently people click hoping it will actually be free, but then leave when they see they need to purchase a plan. I don't know what good a free cell phone would do for them, they need to have a service provider in order to use it. I guess if they had a free one they could always just pretend they're using it, just to look cool. Anyway, I am surprised at the pretty much constant ctr of 8%, I would think people would be wising up to banners that offer free stuff.

cool
11-27-2001, 05:31 PM
My doubleclick dart shows that the average network CTR is 1.26%. I wouldnt be surprised if that CTR was jacked in order to motivate publishers to try to improve CTR so take it for what its worth.

Mbarb
11-27-2001, 05:48 PM
Thanks, I've also run some ads that have very high CTR's and some very low, I was looking for information on the average everyday ads and now I have some kind of base line to use. Thanks :)