PDA

View Full Version : Helping the uninformed with useful information.

Jan
08-22-2001, 04:53 AM
Steve, I really think a separate forum be allocated (maybe as a subforum to coding) for webmasters who want real help with html, php, perl, cgi and all that other stuff.

To be answered by very patient people that can give step by step instructions, instead of spouting off a whole lot of confusing jargon that they assume the poster will understand.

I must admit I am interested in it all but the replies are way over my head, as appears to be the case of original posters.

We were all newbies once!!!

:angel:

DMo224
02-19-2002, 04:35 PM
I second that motion! I'm new here and will be reading more, if it's out there already, then great! If not, then I'm looking forward to it. :D

Steve_S
02-20-2002, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the idea. Some thoughts in no special order.

1. The nature of a coding Forum is for folks to insert snippets of code to solve a problem. It's what Forums do best and the way coders think. Iv'e studied many of them and they all operate this way.

2. For some of us, it's best to start with a book and read it and write code from the book. Forums are not good at this and a book is much better. Then when you get stuck you post the snippet and someone will answer with a code fragment to help you.

3. Our coding Forum is doing rather well with very knowledgable folks helping each other. Unfortunetly, it doesn't have the volume of posts yet to warrant a split or sub-forum.

4. Please drop over to the coding forum if you need recomendations on a book.

Thanks again for your thoughts.