PDA

View Full Version : How to post a poll?

demae
07-24-2001, 02:35 PM
Are non-moderators able to post polls? If so, where is the option to do that? I can't find it.

singloon
07-24-2001, 02:40 PM
looks like mods/admin only

normally you should be able to select polling options in the newthread page bottom just before the submit buttons

Steve_S
07-24-2001, 02:52 PM
Phillip,

Got a Poll in mind? Happy to consider it. If we use it full attribution to YOU and a link to your compliant site :) To many Polls at once is probably not cool but we shall see how the community reacts to these. Just send me your Poll via our BB Feedback Form and I'm happy to look at :) My sence and hope is that the very best Polls will come from Members like you :) We shall see.

The "rights" for a Poll will always be Team Geek only. You don't "see" the option in the form because of this. Why? Abuse. Stupid polls and self serving polls. Trying to spam in polls. Trying to advertise in polls. And a zillon other reasons. Respectfully, my procedure is not negotiable or open for discussion :)

Send me your Polls.

demae
07-24-2001, 03:02 PM
It wasn't terribly important; I was trying to post a poll in this thread (http://66.33.83.213/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11655) asking people if they used cellphones. I wrote the poll as the text of the message instead.

I want to see if SI's new program, ClickHereForCellPhones.com, really has the best deal like they claim.