Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:21 AM   #1
Alex|Canep Media
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Default Stay Away from PopUpTraffic.com

I was using PayPopUp and a friend told me about PopUpTraffic.com it seemed to offer higher rates so I signed up, it was reporting about 1% of the popups that were supposed to be served. It was not consistent with my prior popup counts with PayPopUp, nor my traffic levels that were monitored with server software as well as urchin.

After about 2 days I send in an email and I still to this day have not received a reply, 3 days after I sent an email, I sent another email and have not to this day received a reply to that email either.

I removed tags and their system was showing 1-3 popups served daily for an entire week later. I only have 6 pages on which the popup code was placed and I double checked twice on all of these pages the it was removed. PopUpTraffic.com has stopped showing that I am serving popups for them in their reporting system now.

Overall heres my rating:

General appearance 1/5
Tech Support: 0/5
Statistics Reporting: 1/5
Reliability: 1/5
CPM Rates: 4/5

Overall my warning is stay clear of PopUpTraffic.com
Old 07-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #2
ccole

The 1-3 popups shown daily afterwards could very well be because of browsers caching the site, and they just haven't reloaded the new html - this is a common occurence for me. However, I have also had similar experiences with PuT, and was especially disappointed with their tracking.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #3
Czar

Webmaster

Proxy, were your visitors using open proxy servers at the time that the ads were served? If so, it could very well be that PUT blocked their IPs since they, like most CPM-based ad networks, aren't fond of proxy traffic.

If that isn't the case, a 1% serve rate does sound as though there was something seriously wrong. Did you try contacting the Standard Internet support staff to find out why this count was so low?

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 07-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #4
Alex|Canep Media

The home page does not use any proxies and the way the proxy works is it hides the users IP to the proxified content, not to the URL form, otherwise there would be an endless loop, I enter the popup code and sitewide CPM banners in same sgment of script as the URL form so the ad networks see teh users true IP. I do not think this is a problem but even if it were they I was capping popups at 1/24 with PayPopUp and was using them in my point fo comparison in terms of popups served, in order to use the proxy you must go to home page, and thats a stadnard php page and un proxified. So even if one popup was served on the home page that should have been sufficient, however it was not. I personally did not get any popups when coming to my own site, and my friends that I asked to view it did not get any either.

The popup code was properly implemented, I consider myself a moderately knowledgable programmer, and can say for a fact that the tracking errors lied with PopUpTraffic and not my sites.

Regarding contacting PopUpTraffic I stated the following in my first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy
After about 2 days I send in an email and I still to this day have not received a reply, 3 days after I sent an email, I sent another email and have not to this day received a reply to that email either.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #5
fireklown

Has anyone ever gotten more then a 10% fill from them? Of the people I have talked to, I have never met a person who has gotten over a 10% fill. When I used them I was getting less from them thn I was getting from other networks that only served US, and every 72 hours. The couple times I emailed support it was just the same lame form letter replay. Blah blah blah, don't serve some countries, blah blah blah popup blockers, blah blah blah. none of which why explain why there was such a VAST different betwen every single other network (even paypopup who's count is also way off). And I'm not talking like a 5 or 6% difference. Every single other network would at least tripple what they counted. Even the ones who only shoed US and every 72 hours.

there was also the fact that their ads counted every 24 hours, yet they will show the ads on every page.

and their support is pretty much useless. They will never admit to anything. No matter what the problem is it's ALWAYS on your end
Old 07-08-2006, 11:18 PM   #6
Alex|Canep Media

After tracking wasent working right for first 48 hours my ad manager wanted to take them off immediately and I gave them the benefit of the doubt and attempted to contact them, the fact that they didn't get back to either of two emails is what convinced me to stop using them. Its a very poorly run ad network, they cheat you out of your impressions and when you start complaining they don't respond to support. I bet if I sent them an email saying I'm interested in purchasing popup traffic they would respond very quickly.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:56 PM   #7
Alex|Canep Media

I know PopUpTraffic.com is owned and operated by Standard Internet, and they have a rep here who posted nto too long ago.

Robert from SI is this username, perhaps he can comment on this thread, I'll send him a PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:11 AM   #8
JFS

i also had that experience with them, so i started to use them in rotation with another popup companie.
one popup of them every 12 hours it works a bit better
Old 07-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #9
Robert from SI

Hello,

Feel free to contact me directly to address any issues you have.

Our office was pretty much shut down all last week for the July 4th holiday.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #10
Jan

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert from SI
Feel free to contact me directly to address any issues you have.
That sounds like a good plan

</thread>
Closed Thread