Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2001, 05:02 PM   #1
Outlaw

Angry eUniverse?

Ok well I used www.euniverse.com as my previous affiliate program until March 15. However they still have not sent out the January 15 payment which was suppose to be sent out 45 after, today it is 79 after.... And this is what Lorisa Torrell Said (eUniverse Affiliate Manager)

"we do have payments scheduled to be released in the next few days.
I realize all of you are upset and we are working on getting those payments out to you. Everyone will get paid..."

Is there anything I can do if they dont send payments out, and did anyone here use them?
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 07:10 PM   #2
jokaroo

Unhappy

I keep hearing about eUniverse's affiate program, but I am never able to find it? I am their page right now, but I don't see anything about an affiliate program????

------------------
Best Regards,
C. Pavlovski - Co-Owner -http://www.jokaroo.com
jokaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 07:19 PM   #3
ryanw

Unhappy

I know someone that is a big affiliate of eUniverse, and it seems that they (at least used to) just go after specific sites.

They are not like a usual affiliate network where you can just sign up and join the network.
ryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 09:49 PM   #4
SSacobie

Unhappy

The eUniverse affiliate program was pretty much killed on February 15, with a few exceptions. The financials don't look good (I have no idea why it's still trading at $2.15), so this is no surprise. However, since the company depends on being highly ranked in Media Metrix, the killing of the affiliate program will be seen as bad in that respect.
SSacobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 11:59 PM   #5
Ex

Smile

I'm still an affiliate with eUniverse. Yes, I sent them an email regarding payment and Lorisa replied saying the amount owed and going to be issued.

I believe they'll be lumping the January and February payment together in April.

Hopefully then, they will be able to settle March's payment as scheduled too.

So far, eUniverse is still looking profitable but they are very particular about sites and around 50% of the affiliate sites are owned by eUniverse itself. However, with the demise of many special affiliate network...it might be better to be cautious.
Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 12:01 AM   #6
Ex

Smile

I'm still an affiliate with eUniverse. Yes, I sent them an email regarding payment and Lorisa replied saying the amount owed and going to be issued.

I believe they'll be lumping the January and February payment together in April.

Hopefully then, they will be able to settle March's payment as scheduled too.

So far, eUniverse is still looking profitable but they are very particular about sites and around 50% of the affiliate sites are owned by eUniverse itself. However, with the demise of many special affiliate network...it might be better to be cautious.

------------------
Ex
Anime Genesis dot Com - Anime Entertainment Channel
AnimeAlliance.com- Anime Search engine
Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 04:27 AM   #7
Kathy

Unhappy

I discovered that euniverse which acquired flowgo.com which acquired IntelligentX.Freebies is using other people's servers to send out their spam.

Members from my website have now received spam from IntelligentX.Freebies with a "sign up for newsletter" for flow.com and email us at euniverse.com in the body of the email...

HOWEVER....

in the reply of every email...is IntelligentX.Freebies@hystersisters.com (my domain!)

Looking at the headers reveals that they used my server to send out emails.

I have since figured out how they got through my sendmail to use my server and have stopped it....BUT...in the meantime guess who paid for that spam?

ME

And guess who my members think sent that spam?

ME

Yep. I called euniverse and complained and have emailed two other euniverse email addresses I could find on their site.

I think euniverse is still afloat on other people's server bandwidth. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

I'm ticked.

This is stealing. WHere did integrity go and when did it leave the building?
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 04:44 AM   #8
Uneek

Unhappy

I don't think they really used your servers to send out the emails, they probably just put @hystersisters.com as the header, but that does not mean they used your servers.

Its just scripts that can change it, even i know how to! http://geekvillage.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

but they did spam.. because even i got two emails from them with the header:

it dont have no "@" sooo seee they didnt use your servers, it just simple plain scripts. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

but it still bad that they put ur domain alias so users would think it was send from you. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif
Uneek is offline   Reply With Quote