Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Web Hosting Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2001, 02:09 PM   #1
jpoc

Angry uk2.net ftp problem, files deleted, no space

I just tried to ftp today's new pages up to my site which is hosted on uk2.net.

The ftp failed with a message:

452 Transfer aborted. No space left on device.

As a side effect, they also deleted the online copies of the files that I was not able to upload.

My account is is good order and I am well short of my disk quota so I do not think that the problem is with me.

Anyone else having problems?

Anyone want to suggest a new host? My contract is up for renewal next month.

(Currently, I use about 12MB of space and generate 250MB of transfer. I do not use anything other than http and ftp right now.)

Over the next year, I am likely to double the disk space requirements and, if my traffic growth continues at the same rate, I will need about three GB per month within 12 months.

My wish list would include a cgi-bin, perl, php & my-sql but they are secondary issues.

Pricing is a bit secondary as my ad income covers the hosting costs though it does still come into the picture.
jpoc is offline   Reply With Quote