Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2001, 05:22 AM   #1
funpage

Default New supertaf forms

Does anyone else notice a slight decrease in their supertaf form usage? Around the time when the new supertaf forms came out I realized that the usage level for my forms had dropped. The new forms look a lot nicer, but are a lot longer and ask for quite a bit more info from the person. Maybe it's just me, or it could be too soon to tell since the forms just came out a few days ago.
funpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2001, 01:55 PM   #2
notibrian

the new form looks very nice ... but i also experience a drop in the form usage ... maybe it is just my site ... hopefully things will get better
notibrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2001, 02:59 PM   #3
momo

Smile

I like the new form it looks better and we get higher pay rate.

http://www.topsites99.com
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2001, 03:14 PM   #4
suresk

The new form looks a lot nicer. It does ask for more info, but that is optional. Still, it may scare a few people away, but I don't think that many. The good news is, it really should boost payouts quite a bit.

Make sure you are putting text or something above the form that says something along the lines of "Use the form below to send this page to your friends!" - I've found that when I do that, it helps my usage by quite a bit.
suresk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2001, 03:41 PM   #5
suresk

I just looked at my stats and did some math:

For the month of July: 13.2% view/send percent.

For the month of August so far: 7.7% view/send.

I know thats a bit inaccurate, we are only 4 days into August right now, but I also did some checks of 3 days in August vs. 3 Days in July, with the same results.

A number of factors could be influencing that, but it looks as though the new form has caused usage to drop at least a small percent on my account. I guess once we see how much extra money we'll be making, we can see whether its worth it or not

It should also be noted - It may not be any specific problem with the form so much as it is "new". It may take your users a while to "warm up" to the new form and be comfortable to use it more.
suresk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 04:44 PM   #6
jemma

Location: New York City: From Ground Zero to Ground of Heroes

Quote:
Does anyone else notice a slight decrease in their supertaf form usage? Around the time when the new supertaf forms came out I realized that the usage level for my forms had dropped. The new forms look a lot nicer, but are a lot longer and ask for quite a bit more info from the person.
I noticed it, too. I have a greeting card site, and since the new form was introduced, there's been a marked decrease in my views vs send ratio (I use links, not embedded forms, so these TAF form views are people who clicked to send). But I also noticed that the total daily sends for all of SuperTAF has been signficantly down with the use of the new form, so these decreases don't appear to be limited to a few sites (unless you guys supply most of the traffic! )

The new form is more attractive, but somehow it appears less user-friendly - maybe that's why less sends are being completed. I know some affiliates felt the new form had too many ads, but I had a different impression. I think the form could have even more ads - the stumbling block seems to be the layout of the ad area (e.g. not enough space between ads, too much text in ads).

Anyway, I wrote Aaron with some thoughts/suggestions, and I know other people have, too. SuperTAF has made some wonderful, creative, changes in their program recently, and I'm sure they'll get this worked out!

Jemma

Last edited by jemma; 08-08-2001 at 06:36 PM.
jemma is offline   Reply With Quote