Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Marketing Your Website Online
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
JasMate

Default Ideas for marketing a home based business?

Hey guys I am new to these forums, I am from Australia.
I would like to know the best way to market a home based business both online and offline. I have done some marketing but not much really other than a couple of flash banner ads on one website (med-low traffic) to promote my site, also I have done a small flyer drop (200) in my street.

Also does anyone know of sites that would be good to partner with and also sites that offer free advertising for new businesses like myself. I don't have any cash at the moment as I have only just started and would like get some free or very low price ideas if possible.

Thanks for the help & great forums by the way
JasMate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:03 AM   #2
Larwee

GeekGuide

Welcome to Geek/Talk, JasMate.

You said something in your post that caught my attention because it is something that often gets people into a lot of trouble.

I know you are a new Geek/Talk member. You mentioned in your post that this is a new business. I'm not sure if this is the first time you have tried to promote a new site or not.

You said you didn't have any cash at the moment so you are looking for some free ways to promote yourself. That is where a person can run into a lot of problems if they select the wrong type of free promotion.

It is possible to get good results without spending money if you do the right things and part of doing the right things is not doing the wrong things.

Here is a link to a previous Geek/Talk thread that gives details on a lot of free promotion methods to avoid as well as some suggestions on some you might want to try. It might be helpful if you read all of the posts in this thread http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30797

You will find there are many people in this community who are willing to help you. Geek/Talk has helped a lot of people to become successful over the years. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask. You will be able to get a great deal of very helpful information just by asking.

Last edited by Larwee; 06-30-2006 at 01:15 AM.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:56 AM   #3
missiles

you can also try many ways to maximize you site traffic, ways such as social bookmarking, page ranking or post your product blogs in your site. This isn't just a hard task to do, this will really do.
missiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:58 AM   #4
Mjel

What type of business is it? That's the most important thing to know before we can recommend anything
Mjel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:54 AM   #5
webcool

I think you are trying both online and offline marketing. I can suggest about offline marketing, but I think I can help you to promote online campaign. But you have not mentioned the nature of your business.
webcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:49 PM   #6
kbeus21

Ya doing one link from someone elses site to your site will do very little. Lets get you started with the basics now I can help you out if you have any questions you can either DM me or email me at kbeus21@gmail.com. It is also easy to find these on google, so this is the places every webmaster that wants to succeed and does not have a ton of money should know.

Social Bookmarking

Free Directory Submission

Link Exchange>> A helper site http://www.linkmarket.com

Social Networking

Article Submission I like ezine articles and go articles

Free Press Release Submission

Writing a blog and making sure it links back to your site

Blog Commenting

Well this gives you the basics, I am sure I missed plenty of ways to market your site but if you use these you will be doing good. I hope this give you a good start.
kbeus21 is offline   Reply With Quote