Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Marketing Your Website Online
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2001, 04:08 PM   #1
Andy1

Cool Trying to spend little money on promotion

Well i have little money to spend on promotion(100-150$ tops) so i was thinking of spending it this way:

9.99$ - submit my site to zizap.com
30$+15$ - submit my site to inktomi(30$ is for my main page and 15$ for one section of my site - humor or babes)

That's about 55$ but where could i spend the rest of it and what do you think is it worth spending the 55$ on no. 1 and 2?

Does Inktomi spider(or how is it called) all of my web site or just the page i submit?

Thanks in advance

------------------
webmaster@andy-s-site.com

http://www.andy-s-site.com
http://search.andy-s-site.com
Andy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 09:56 PM   #2
Jack
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

I cannot give you advice on Inktomi because I have yet to look into it in detail.

As far as zizap.com.. maybe I am missing something here but according to Alexa, zizap.com has only 242 logged visits. Thus, I doubt you would receive any significant amount of traffic from there.

In my opinion, your best bet would be at a PPCSE. If Goto's 5 cent minimums are out of your range, look into FindWhat or Sprinks.

[This message has been edited by Jack (edited 03-11-2001).]
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 12:50 AM   #3
zahhar
Member.

Unhappy

We are a professional Web development and Internet marketing company,
that specializes in top search engine placement. We can optimize your web site to achieve top positions on most of the major search engines and with our "Guaranteed Top 10 Positioning" service. We offer a variety of different search engine optimization services designed to assist businesses of all types achieve top search engine rankings. http://my.tele2.ee/russer/english.html

That's about 55$ but where could i spend the rest of it and what do you think is it worth spending the 55$ on no. 1 and 2?

Does Inktomi spider(or how is it called) all of my web site or just the page i submit?

Thanks in advance

[/b][/quote]

zahhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 09:20 PM   #4
Jim1
RIP

Unhappy

You might do well to put most of that money into FindWhat. They just landed a big partner and their traffic should soon grow significantly.

Check your keywords for top 3 spots and then check costs at GoTo. If GoTo is at a similar price use them as they have the traffic already and it may take a while for FindWhat to get up to speed.
Jim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 12:45 AM   #5
sdarken

Unhappy

I don't want to be cruel about zizap as I know the guy that owns it is trying hard but dont waste your money submitting it there. As suggested earlier, low bids at Findwhat or one of the other PPC search engines would be a much better use of your money.

When you pay-for-inclusion at inktomi, they guarantee that the specific pages you pay for will be included in their index but they dont guarantee where you will appear (postion 250 will not get you any traffic) so you will need to fine-tune your page to make the best use of your money. My understanding is that your whole site will eventually be spidered but this will only happen at the same time that all of the other sites in its index are also spidered so it may take a while.

zahhar - did your post provide any helpful info for Andy1 or was it just a Advertisment for your own company again? I doubt that I could find your company in the top 10 listings on any of the major search engines for any worthwhile search term despite that your claim that you can guarantee this for your customers. If you can contribute to this forum then you are welcome, otherwise you should find another, more appropriate place to advertise your company.
sdarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 02:49 AM   #6
Andy1

Thumbs up

I joined goclick.com and i have bidded on only 7 keywords with 0.01$/click and i get 100-120 clicks a day.

So just great and i can recommend them to anyone that needs some low cost traffic.

Thanks for all you help.

------------------

Old 03-31-2001, 08:01 PM   #7
Czar

Webmaster

Question

I recently started using GoClick's pay-for-placement service also, but haven't seen results quite as impressive as yours. I've bid on a couple of dozen terms (including several listed within their Top 50 list), but have seen less than 10 clicks/day thus far.

If you don't mind me asking, which are your best-performing terms?

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 02:48 AM   #8
Andy1

Smile

I used celebrities names for my sites babes section.

I guess that these terms get a lot more searches then others. I'll be trying someother keywords for other sections of my site and i hope to get such result.

Here are my stats for 31.03.
salma hayek 9
celebrity 19
anna kournikova 47
denise richards 14
pamela anderson 5
britney spears 5
jennifer lopez 7
celebrities 12
alyssa milano 2
jennifer aniston 7
celebs 2
TOTAL 129
All keywords are 0.01$ bid.

Anna kournikova is getting the most searches and the most popular link on my site is her gallery http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

I did add some more keywords and now i get more then 120hits every day.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Andy1 (edited 04-01-2001).]
Old 04-07-2001, 11:51 PM   #9
rah
Member.

Unhappy

Post removed by WildComputer

This and other posts of this type are in voilation of our rules

Rules are avaialble for members to read at http://www.geekvillage.com/rules_for_bb.htm

[This message has been edited by WildComputer (edited 04-08-2001).]
rah is offline   Reply With Quote