Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Web Hosting Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2001, 07:53 PM   #1
Webmaster5000

Unhappy Dedicated Hosting w/ unlim. bandwidth?

Wondering what people know...

I'm looking for a new host, or at least an alternative to my current one. I require my own, powerful, server, and basically unlimited bandwidth (not to mention 24x7 support).

Anybody have any suggestions? Searching on the web for dedicated hosting yields a thousand results and no real good place to start. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
Webmaster5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 07:55 PM   #2
Kaiosama

Unhappy

Okay, you want an dedicated server with unlimited bandwidth. To make this short you won't find it...

You can get a dedicated cobalt with 150 gigs worth of transfer for $99 dollars a month.
Kaiosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 08:06 PM   #3
Webmaster5000

Unhappy

*shrug* I have "unlimited" bandwidth now...which is basically just a dedicated T-1 that only I use, and I basically max the bandwidth on it.

I don't know anything about Cobalt servers...but I need to run Windows 2000.
Old 06-25-2001, 09:23 PM   #4
RK

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Webmaster5000:
*shrug* I have "unlimited" bandwidth now...which is basically just a dedicated T-1 that only I use, and I basically max the bandwidth on it.

You do not have unlimited bandwidth on your T1. Your bandwidth is limited to 1.54 Mbps.
There is HUGE difference between unlimited bandwidth (which is physically impossible) and a 1.54 Mbps pipe/bandwidth.

You can send me an email or an ICQ message and we can discuss setting up a server for you on a capped line.

------------------
http://www.energyhosting.com
Excellent price, reliability, flexibility, speed, support and features.
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 10:38 PM   #5
Webmaster5000

Unhappy

OK, unlimited bandwidth was not the proper term. I know it's not unlimited, but I get "unlimited" transfer on my T-1...I'm limited only by the rate of the T-1. That's all I meant. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
Old 06-26-2001, 09:17 AM   #6
Kaiosama

Unhappy

Thats more like it... unfortunately all the companies that I have heard of that offer capped lines with no total transfer limit seem to have very poor support.

They include companies like maxim.net... Hopefully energyhosting will be a far better choice.
Kaiosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 11:11 PM   #7
Tox
Member.

Unhappy

Maxim.net has provided goos yupport for me in almost 11 months now. You can also get their managed services so they handle any server errors at once.

------------------
GAMPort
Your Game Search Engine
Tox is offline   Reply With Quote