Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2001, 12:33 AM   #1
Ex

Exclamation Commendable ad networks?

Anyone here know of any reputable ad networks?? In any department would do..CPC,CPM,PPA,PayPerSale...Popups,BlinkLinks,Sea rches..

Would like to know some feedback please..

Mine is with Ad Networks...
Burstmedia (pays on time)
Engage.com (pays on time but booted me)
247Media.com (no email reply)

Network of Sites...
eUniverse.com (pays on time, last paid Jan 2001)

Affiliate Pay Per Sale
Animenation.com (pays on time, lousy tracking)

Currently using
Supertaf - around $2/day revenue
OnResponse.com (still owing me November 2000 till now payment)

Defunct or booted me off
Mailbits - have yet to pay still
AffiliateTarget - booted me off..have yet to pay

My bad experience,
DirectLeads - all my leads suddenly disappeared, no email replies.
Tokyopop.com - defunct..can't pay until I issue legal letters. Paid 50% of what owed and balance in merchandise.
DoubleClickAsia - initially promised $20CPM..but only performed like $0.20 CPM (and thats in middle 2000)

Currently applying
Phatstart Alliance (approved)
BlueFishNetwork (approved)
SI's program (keeping fingers crossed)

Newsletter
Topica.com (with 6000+ subs...$2/newsletter)

Hmm..any ad network that I've missed so far?? What's your experience? Would love to know. Thanks.

------------------
Ex
Anime Genesis dot Com - Anime Entertainment Channel
Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 12:57 AM   #2
carven

Unhappy

Ex, can u name the url for Phatstart Alliance ? what is it about? Ad network?

And one more thing, what is kind of ad network that still accepts sites with major traffic(50%) coming from asia pacific?

Thanx.

------------------
Launching soon..

http://www.master365.com

where Web developers are learning.
carven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 03:28 AM   #3
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

I got approved for Phatstart as well - reviewing the contract now

------------------[*]Australian Neon Genesis Evangelion[*]film - writers - reviewers - reporters - designers[*]FanBuy.com indevelopment
singloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 08:02 AM   #4
cyburrr
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

ValueClick - pays on time twice a month..... Great Customer Service....but no inventory at the moment.

Adflight - Pays on time...great customer service...low inventory..disappointing (but understandable) cancellation of their guaranteed $1 CPM..recent layoffs..just closed Boston office (which could be good or bad)

DirectLeads - barely used them...and have received no reply to my requests to have my password resent so I can start using them again.

SearchBucks - Great Customer Service. I've only received one check (but my fault for a typo in address)...have been assured I'll receive the other 3 checks...not accepting new sign ups.

SI - Great Customer Service - plus excellent Message Boards with a loyal/knowledgeable following...frequently rolling out new programs...pays like clockwork.

cyburrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:00 AM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

OTHER MARKET GREATS:
1. Websponsors.com (pay-per-lead network, always pays - occasionally late)
2. CJ.com (leading pay-per-lead/CPC affiliate network)
3. WebsiteSponsors.com (solid CPC banner network)
4. AdSearches.com (now the best first-click search program)
5. GoClick.com (technology not perfect, but pays, and pays well)

OTHER WEAKNESSES:
1. DirectLeads - all of my leads vanished into thin air, too. I'm glad (and sad) that I'm not alone.
2. Engage Australia (as opposed to the strong Engage) - severe lack of support, late payments. (August outstanding for many publishers. Personally, I've been paid up to and including November)
3. Ad-Up - dramatically overstates its potential.

Of cource, most networks will reside somewhere between these two extremes, and the companies listed above do themselves move from one side of the pendulum to the other on occasion. This is just a basic idea of some programs that have performed well for me.

------------------
Czar
Net-Ads - Webmaster Resource Center
iOnline Network
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:27 AM   #6
WildComputer

Unhappy

Czar - WebClients paid you late (?) - never paid be late, always on time, often early...

I like WebClients and have a lot of trust for them. I am also in Cyberbounty + OnResponse and are happy with them, they are v. similar, and good alternative choices.

Sponsorships.net looks good as well. I have only recently starting running their referral banner, and haven't got round to promote their offers, yet..

Also - ClickBank (per-sale) is massively under-rated:

PROs:
(a) You get paid every 2 weeks
(b) They send checks on time, or early. (I am in the UK, and some checks have arrived from the USA *before* the date they were supposed to be sent)
(c) 25%, 40% or 50% (typical in ClickBank) of a $20 - $50... adds up a lot faster than 5% of a $20 sale (with Amazon, etc.)

CONs:
(a) No automatic code generators, banner rotators, etc. You need to go to each merchant, check out their site, and then put together your affiliate link or creative, or see if the merchant has graphics.
(b) Merchant quality is variable... choose wisely

------------------[*]Over 208,000 Killer Domain Names available for the price of registration!
February only - get a 40% discount if you order 50 or more domain years![*]Create Your Own High Profit E-Books[*]Drive thousands of visitors to your web site cheap'n'easy[*]Affiliate Programs reviewed
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 11:30 AM   #7
SSacobie

Unhappy

Burst: pays on time; can and will drop you for any or no reason.

Flycast: pays on time.

L90: pays late; pays poorly. We lost money with them in January/February. The unnecessary ad serving charge in conjunction with poor ad sales kills them.

24/7: pays late; pays poorly (but not nearly as bad as L90)

eUniverse: apparently defunct now

Everyone.net: pays late; may not pay at all if it doesn't want to

Adflight: pays on time; may boot you for low CTR without notice.

Amazing Media: pays late; pays low rates; serves promotional ads if you drop below a certain CTR (0.4% I believe)

Goclick: decided to cut payment in half; currently looking for an alternative

Valueclick: pays on time

Phatstart Alliance (PhatStart.com): primarily going through Go4media. They were great in late December/early January. However, they've been hit harder than anyone else. For weeks, they did not have a single ad. Now, they have just 1 CPC campaign. I think they have a lot of potential in the future, but as it stands now, I wouldn't recommend them quite yet. As of yet, have not been paid (by Go4), but I'll be patient about this for the time being since it's only been 2 full months since ads the first month in which ads ran (well, 3, but there were only a couple days in November when we ran their ads). Stat tracking for last year was bad, but they seem to have resolved this (even if they still have not corrected the stat problems from last year).
SSacobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 11:48 AM   #8
malis

Unhappy

SSacobie,

Where did you get the sense that eUniverse is now defunct? Other webmasters, news service, or just a sense? I'm not using them, but I am curious from a business standpoint...

Additional unmentioned services:

fastclick.com - offers both pop-behinds and regular banners. Can select which campaigns to run (combination of CPC and CPM), excellent tracking statistics, can create up to 10 default campaigns, fair inventory at this point. The admin told me in an email that they are still accepting sites (only approving about 10% at this time), but I don't know anyone who has been approved in a while.

Rick
http://www.webtowns.org/Webmaster_Re...ment_Services/

(For some reason, hypermart has added a ton of pop-ups on my site, and what looks like an allclicks exit campaign too! Time to move up to a paid server or dump the site!)
malis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 11:56 AM   #9
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

WildComputer, I have received a few late payments from Websponsors.com, but having used them for about three years, that's not necessarily a dramatic occurrence. I, too, love WebClients.net and now generate more revenue from Websponsors (whose links are on one site) than from Engage (whose banners I have on dozens of sites).

malis, eUniverse itself is still alive (barely), but its affiliate program has ceased offering support for its network sites except in regards to popups:
http://geekvillage.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004664.html

------------------
Czar
iOnline Network
Old 03-07-2001, 01:22 PM   #10
Kaiosama

Unhappy

CJ.com and Club Regal = extremely high CTR. Just tried Club Regal over at CJ after some members here reffered it a while back... At first the CTR was at about 13% but now it "seems" to have bottomed out at 5%... It may go down to 3% in a week or so.

It's only 4 cents a click but at first the net CPM was $5.2 but that was for about 2 hours... It started to go down since then.

If we had CPC programs with such banners at low rates of 8 cents or so we could make some actual money...
Kaiosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:17 PM   #11
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

BlazeBox, CashCommunity is run by a two-person team, one of whom regularly participates in this forum (Kaumil Patel). You may search for threads in which he has participated for more information.

In short, though, they launched as a CPM program and started growing their publisher list agressively. Like most networks, they were hit hard recently, causing them to switch to CPC and stop accepting new members. From what Kaumil's said in the past, I get the feeling that he resells for other networks (including Click2Net). Given this, they should have a large quantity of paying ads at present, but won't offer a premium rate for this inventory.

------------------
Czar
iOnline Network
Old 03-08-2001, 12:54 AM   #12
BlazeBox
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Question

What's the general consensus on Cashcommunity? Commendable? I heard they're dying for new members right now ...

------------------
Mike Ossendrijver
BlazeBox is offline   Reply With Quote