Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Web Hosting Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2003, 04:00 PM   #1
webmater101

Arrow http://www.edatarack.com Anyone used them?

Has anyone used http://www.edatarack.com ? And do they make it easy to upload your pages? Thanks
webmater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 06:24 PM   #2
Eriky
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Prices are a bit too low there while the domains are kind of expensive. (-> i wouldn't trust such a host)

haha well i gues i was right. After doing some research they seem to be a bunch of spammers with a 900 mhz 256 mb webserver

Last edited by Eriky; 02-05-2003 at 06:37 PM.
Eriky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 06:31 PM   #3
Jan

Administrator

You might like to do a search for them at www.webhostingtalk.com
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:12 PM   #4
dac9

I donít agree with Eriky. I have been with them for 2 years and they have always been blistering fast and quick to respond when I needed help. I host a number of sites with them and believe they are very competent at what they do. Just my opinion...

Also wanted to add they have very powerfull machines such as dual xeon 2gb Ram and so on...

Last edited by dac9; 10-03-2005 at 10:14 PM.
dac9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:18 PM   #5
Larwee

GeekGuide

Welcome to Geek/Talk, dac9.

The post Eriky made was about 2 years and 8 months ago, which would have been before you were using them since you said you have been using them for 2 years. This is a very old thread.

As you know, in this fast moving world, things can change a lot in 2 years and 8 months.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:54 PM   #6
Czar

Webmaster

Welcome to Geek/Talk, dac9, from a fellow Aussie.

Respectfully, even beyond the fact this thread is extremely old, our members often look suspiciously at posts made by new members that seem to be tainted with an "agenda," particularly when that new member uses a whois protection tool to hide his or her identity. It would be easy for those reading this thread, for example, to assume (whether accurately or not) that you are an employee of eDataRack based on this information, which wouldn't help the company one way or the other.

Hopefully you are being honest with our community and your response to this ancient thread was a mistake, since I'd love to see you benefit from your long-term participation on this BB.

I hope this helps to explain the thinking here and I wish you all the best. Again, welcome.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:07 PM   #7
dac9

Hey,

Look im not working for edatarack and after spending a few hours on the boards yesterday I did in fact note that on more than one occasion people with only a handful of posts making an objective statement seemed to be closely scrutinised which I believe is a good thing. I only use the guard because I have so many domains I just put it on them all & I donít want to be spammed.

I am looking forward to being a part of this community though.
dac9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:23 AM   #8
Czar

Webmaster

Thank you very much for clarifying this, dac9.

I look forward to getting to know you better, and hope that you find this community to be of value to your business.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote