Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Web Hosting Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2003, 12:21 PM   #1
ZRide

Default Need Opinions On Some Hosts

Hello All,

I'm looking to relocate my sites to a different host. A few I'm considering are:

woolnet.net
hytekhosting.biz
advancedrack.com

Anyone have any opinions on / experience with any of these hosts?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Z
ZRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 05:27 PM   #2
dusky

All these companies were created this year. Other then that try giving them a call and see if a human answers
dusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 05:48 PM   #3
DiamondStorm

Definately look at features and support. Each host may have different packages that suit individual needs.
DiamondStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 05:55 PM   #4
funtoon

I can comment about advancedrack.com were good but I dont recommend them now as I had one site hosted with them, it was good at first then slow support downtimes etc....
funtoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 06:05 PM   #5
ZRide

Hmm, not too keen on moving to hosts that are so new. Also, hytekhosting.biz really turned me off. I asked them if they were the same as hytekhosting.com because their web site is identical and hytekhosting.com has some decent feedback I found by searching Google. The hytekhosting.biz people seemed evasive and, while not admitting to not owning the .com url, they told me they owned the .biz, .net, and .us urls. I didn't like the evasiveness so soon. Not someone I want to do business with. Besides, like I said, I'd like companies that have been around longer than a year and that others have had success with. Looks like the search continues <sigh>. I may end up with Dusky's company

Z
ZRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 06:42 PM   #6
Jan

Administrator

There appears to be a few negative threads about advancedrack at present, this being one of them.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=178510

I haven't heard much about hytek and never heard of woolnet
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 02:49 AM   #7
fcolor

Well I suggest you to choose hosting company more than an year old. Brand new companies is suppose to be less reliable because they do not have such experience in resolving technical problems.

Regards
D.
fcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:23 AM   #8
mollywilson866

I have one best alternative option go4hosting for servers that is trustworthy, reliable and good support service provider that is 24*7 .
mollywilson866 is offline   Reply With Quote