Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2001, 12:20 PM   #1
cybmike

Unhappy Goclick

Goclick is great and I love there affilate program and search engine. My question is how are they making money? Is it off there banners and there shopping links?

Its not like goclick charges a fee to get listed, well I never deposited money, I just transfer affilate funds.
cybmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 12:49 PM   #2
wsz

Unhappy

It looks like webmasters can get listed by either paying per click by depositing money in the same manner as with GoTo, FindWhat, etc, *or* they can use their affiliate earnings, or a combination of both.

------------------
Web Sponsor Zone - Internet Advertising Directory
http://www.websponsorzone.com
Earn Money With Your Site
wsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 06:02 PM   #3
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by cybmike:
Its not like goclick charges a fee to get listed, well I never deposited money, I just transfer affilate funds.
All money is virtual. By encouraging you to transfer your earnings they are, in a very practical sense, generating revenue. That is, you promote their brand and build their traffic by running GoClick searchboxes and popunders, and then receive nothing but traffic in return.

In addition, affiliates who transfer their earnings over to the pay-for-performance search engine drive up th rates paid by third-party advertisers. So, where a corporate advertiser may have seen than a 1st place listing cost only 1 cent/click last month, it may now cost 5 cents, due to the squeeze placed on the listings by those who transfer funds for 'free' listings.

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 06:30 PM   #4
robot

Unhappy

Showing their banners and transferring earnings to your advertiser account is similar to a banner exchange with a very high click through ratio.

For example, if you get $2.50 CPM, for every 1,000 of their popup 'banners' you can (in principle) get 250 clicks to your site (1 cent bid). That's kind of like a 1-to-1 banner exchange with a return clickthough rate of 25%. Hard to find banners like that.
robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 09:26 PM   #5
mp3next
Member.

Smile

in fact there are a lot of sites like goclick, i'm currently going to be invested a cool 10k i've been saving for a rainy day and starting a real good one...

others are

bay9.com
goto.com

and um... others check out www.top9.com (under search engines)

peace...
mp3next is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 05:14 AM   #6
wly

Unhappy

They lowered my search rates to 0.0 My pop-unders are still $2.5CPM. Anyone having the same problems?
wly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 05:20 AM   #7
KP of Snooply
Member.

Unhappy

Snooply.com is going to be a powerhouse for the PPC engine business http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Phase 3 - coming soon http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif

That's all I can reveal. Not that I revealed much.

------------------
Kaumil Patel
Snooply.com - We Snoop. You Find.
KP of Snooply is offline   Reply With Quote