Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2004, 01:37 AM   #1
CPMNewbie

Default When do ad networks do auditing?

In my experience, FastClick and Tribal Fusion conducts their auditing on a daily basis. The other networks always have a * that says suject to auditing. Is their auditing done before they send payout or every few days? Reason being, is that I see one set a numbers one day, and another set another day, and on and one. Some of them drive me nuts. Any comments?
CPMNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:55 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Generally speaking, manual and automated auditing processes are carried out both during the month and immediately following. Those systems with which I am most familiar run a combination of daily cron processes to crunch numbers and eliminate some errant data that may have slipped through real-time screening mechanisms and manual fraud-screening that may take place daily or at other regular intervals throughout the month.

All reputable networks carry out additional auditing and verification processes at the conclusion of the payment period but those that employ reliable systems throughout the month should not have reason to alter numbers dramatically, except in extreme cases.

Consider real-time reporting more of a guide than a guarantee. Rather than letting data movements frustrate you, wait for a couple of days before considering numbers more-or-less final.

HTH

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 12:41 PM   #3
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Great answer Czar.

Let me also add that you are effectively asking for details of a "trade secret" since the precise disclosure of exactly when a given Network audits will infact raise the incidence of cheating and I won't go into additional details for obvious reasons.

HTH
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:48 PM   #4
CPMNewbie

Interesting observation. Thanks for the info.
CPMNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote