Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-1999, 01:31 PM   #1
macavelli

Default Site Ideas

Ok, I have a personal webpage and I'm making a little money off my sponsors from it....but I want to create a new site which will attract lots of visitors....a general interest site...but I can't come up with something which both interests me and hasn't been overdone.....any ideas???
just toss em out....
macavelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-1999, 01:38 PM   #2
Ariakas

I have exactly the same problem, I have nothing to do this summer and want to make a new site, but I have already made stuff on what interests me and can't think of anything else!
Ariakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-1999, 01:53 PM   #3
fairhousing
Member.

one idea i had was to make a site somewhat like a site i once visited a lot, subject matter that is. this way i could learn about the subject matter i was visiting that site for and make it more user friendly in my eyes. it was not only an educational experience it also turned out to into a small money maker.

good luck

------------------
Isn't it time you started making some real money with your web site!
www.birminghamnet.com/cgi-bin/links/pages/WebmasterResources/MakingMoney

fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-1999, 03:05 PM   #4
kris
Member.

If you guys can take the risks, try to make a rom/emulator site. I made mine in the beginning of june 99 and im getting closing to 15,000 impressions a day. I used to have a freebies site but i ditched that cause it was getting about 100 impressions a day. After making the rom/emu site, flycast and Burst accepted me which i never thought would happen.. The reason i said its risky because roms are like mp3. One month of flycast alone can pay for my domain and server.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-1999, 03:28 PM   #5
HTML Expert

I was having the same problem - I had made a web site (for a friend) and then I got sick (http://www.angelfire.com/on/bryde) of it and wanted to make a new one.

I did the same as (rom/emulator -links) and I currently receive a reasonable 35-50 hits daily. The amount of visitors isn't very good but I'm hoping it will pick up this summer. It sure beats my other sited listed in the first paragraph though - because I was the only visitor!!!
HTML Expert is offline   Reply With Quote