Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2000, 07:44 PM   #1
mtgm

Arrow Help--Your Experience with Web Hosting Companies

I am currently working on a web hosting site (directory) and I am in need of your experiences with your current or past web host(s). The site's intention is to help individuals who are looking to pay for web hosting a chance to review the web host, by looking at reviews (which hopefully you can provide me with) what the host has failed to do (negative experiences you have had), and/or what they succeed in (good experiences you have had). I.E. What is their uptime/downtime like, customer service, dependability, etc.

Please send me a review of any experiences you have had with any paid web host whatsoever. Please go to http://www.angelfire.com/mb/mtgm/ and fill in the form. (The site will not be located on Angelfire, rather it will be on its own .com name once established. I am just using Angelfire to gather information regarding web hosts.)

Thanks in advance, and I hope to re-pay the favor sometime in the near future. I will let you know how many entries I receive on this thread.
mtgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2000, 01:47 PM   #2
mtgm

Thumbs down

Zero reviews received...I would appreciate at least a few reviews of paid web hosts, I know the majority of you are on a host which you are paying monthly for. Please give me some feedback on any paid web host whatsoever!. It would be much appreciated and would save me a lot of work. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2000, 07:00 PM   #3
McP

Thumbs down

I too posted a similar message asking for web host reviews, but only got 1 reply. Anyway I'll fill out yer form, in return can you give me the lowdown on your webhost?
McP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2000, 08:11 PM   #4
ffeingol

Cool

Hello,

I filled our your form. IMHO it's too unstructured. It will be hard to get comparitive reviews if everyone can just put in free form text.

I run a Webmasters Resources site. Please feel free to add your site (when it goes live). We have a section dedicated to hosting reviews.

Frank

------------------
--
Webmasters Resources
www.webmasters-resources.com/
ffeingol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2000, 08:27 AM   #5
mtgm

Arrow

McP:

I'll be paying for a web host in a few months from now, and once I do I would be glad to send you a description/opinion of such host. I also would like to inform you that I have not received your review, what time did you fill in the form? Thanks.

ffeingol:

Thanks for the review, it is much appreciated and I hope to return the favor some time. I will do as you said and post the reviews I receive beneith the Submit button. I will also add my site to webmasters-resources.com, as you said once it goes live.