Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Marketing Your Website Online
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2005, 11:39 PM   #1
e_d

Default blogs, better traffic than paid traffic

I am not sure if this is a spammy way to get traffic, I am sure it would be considered by most, but oh well it is a way to get traffic. If you setup multiple blogs in places like blogspot, msn spaces and start a blog on each one. Just write a paragraph or two every other day or every day about something to do with your site. Take it and put it on all of the blogs you signed up for at different places and find a way to link your site in the blog, it creates a traffic spiral. Like i said, im sure it is considered spam by most engines and is cheesy but its traffic either way. I guess if your ethics wont allow you to do this you can just setup one blog and use that instead of multiple blogs in different places.
e_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:35 AM   #2
KLCC

i dont think 5 such blogs would bring any traffic really. maybe couple of clicks per day but of course i might be wrong...
KLCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
notforsale

What brings in the traffic is content. Meaning: a blog is a good idea only if you have something interesting to say. I've done this, and I've stopped doing it, because it gets boring after a couple of months... or so.

I set up ten blogs with different themes, but all ultimately pointing to one website. VERY hard work. Did it work? No.

I've moved on. One blog (It's part of a legitimate website) plenty of content, updated three times a day. Loads of reciprocal links. I'm almost a happy bunny.
notforsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:33 PM   #4
dean winchester

Definitely blogs are very important source to get good traffic as well as backlinks. Blog posting should be relevant and should contain interesting topics and ideas.
dean winchester is offline   Reply With Quote