Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2001, 08:18 AM   #1
CashGuy

Question What's a good internet job for a 14 year old??

Hi I'm new here!! I want to make money this summer but it seems like I can't get a job or I make little money.I used Spedia but I stopped getting points for some reason.Cashfiesta was a cheat.What can I do on the net that is legal and I'll make at least $50.00 a month?
CashGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 08:55 AM   #2
Outlaw

Exclamation

umm try desktopdollars.com

------------------
- AI Corp.
www.animeinstinct.com
www.animetopsites.com
www.dbzhost.com
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 09:02 AM   #3
JuTa

Unhappy

Believe me, you're not going to get $50/month from just surfing the net, even if you have a ton of referrals.

Internet advertising is on a serious downswing right now, and unless you're willing to invest a significant amount of time and money on making a good website, the Internet might not be the greatest place to get rich nowadays..

Just get a summer job or something... Mind you, I'm young too, 16, and am practically nothing compared to most of the other people my age on this board in terms of money making potential on the net...
JuTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 09:46 AM   #4
CashGuy

Cool

Hey Outlaw, I'm from Stone Mountain Georgia!! COOL!How much do you get paid using Desktop Dollars.I just downloaded it and I'm using the bar now, not bad.
Old 06-23-2001, 12:32 PM   #5
ValueAd
Member.

Talking

hey CashGuy
My personal advice - get a summer school
ValueAd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 12:42 PM   #6
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

If I were you I wouldn't bother with any "Get Paid to Surf" programs, DesktopDollars included. Why? Well back in the good 'ol days with AllAdvantage, I was making some quite decent dollars ... only because by the end I had around 1,400 referrals. Anyways, DesktopDollars current payrate is about $0.02 per hour. That's two cents per hour. Hmmmm ... http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

For a list of paid2surf companies and how much they pay, go to: http://www.lonesurf.com/compareonehundredhours.html

I would suggest that you think about creating your own website rather than using paid2surf programs. You probably won't make a ton of cash but at least it will be a learning experience.

------------------
Darren Hewer
webmaster, www.dosgames.com & www.potofgold.org
dosgames.com is back! Visit for over 200 freeware/shareware DOS games.
"Some people have a way with words, while others ... uhhhhh ... thingy."
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 01:15 PM   #7
Outlaw

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by ValueAd:
hey CashGuy
My personal advice - get a summer school
Vlad,

I don't think he has the money to buy a summer school... http://geekvillage.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Anyhow cash guy, thats cool I went to Stephenson Middle in the 7th and 8th grade but now I go to Shiloh http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
- AI Corp.
www.animeinstinct.com
www.animetopsites.com
www.dbzhost.com
Old 06-23-2001, 02:35 PM   #8
CashGuy

Talking

That is so cool Outlaw I graduated just this year from Stephenson Middle 8th grade.. what year you had eighth grade??
Old 06-23-2001, 02:40 PM   #9
CashGuy

Unhappy

Personally I don't expect to make big money but as long as I make $30 or $40 a month is pretty alright to me since I get $5.00 allowance once for a month. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif.Making my own website should be interesting...How can I get started and how do I get paid?
Old 06-23-2001, 03:00 PM   #10
Outlaw

Wink

I am in 10th grade now, so I graducated from 8th grade in 2000 (im 1 year ahead of ya)

Anyhow to start a website is hard, and I can't help you much but learn html, at webmonkey.com they also have other resuources, but either way, even to make that $50.00 a month wont be easy as you will porbably have to get hundreds of thousands of hits a month just to get that...

------------------
- AI Corp.
www.animeinstinct.com
www.animetopsites.com
www.dbzhost.com
Old 06-23-2001, 03:58 PM   #11
JonPKibble
Member.

Unhappy

I don't think the person who posted this message understands what he asked. He asked for an internet "job". These are not "jobs". He would not be an "employee".

I.E. We are not employees of CJ or AllAdvantage we are independent contractors aka AFFILIATES. From the IRS' perspective alone there is a big difference.

Just felt it was worth mentioning, cause people refer to what I do as a job quite often and I find myself correcting them, now there's a full time job for ya.

Jon
JonPKibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 04:44 PM   #12
gethosted

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by CashGuy:
Personally I don't expect to make big money but as long as I make $30 or $40 a month is pretty alright to me since I get $5.00 allowance once for a month. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif.
Youch, $5 a month? You could make more than that a day off a website (if it's a good subject, design, and has a decent bulk of traffic). Browse around here, I'm sure you can get plenty of tips to move you in that direction http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif.

------------------
Ezcoolpages: Free 20 megs webhosting for all sites, including celeb.
Harsh Rejection: Send a clever personalized E-poem to show your true feelings.
Celeb Banner Exchange
gethosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 07:35 PM   #13
CashGuy

Unhappy

Hey Outlaw.. One last question , what's your name? You don't have to answer just curious if I know you.I now some 10th graders.
Old 06-23-2001, 07:46 PM   #14
Outlaw

Exclamation

you probably dont know me, im idnian, the name is aakshay

------------------
- AI Corp.
www.animeinstinct.com
www.animetopsites.com
www.dbzhost.com
Old 06-23-2001, 08:49 PM   #15
xuniverse
Member.

Unhappy

cashguy:

I assume you want a summer "internet job" for summer spending money.. Here is your problem... the soonest you would get a check from an advertiser would be mid-to-late august... which is pretty much the end of summer.

~good luck thougj.

------------------
http://www.xuniverse.net - xbox resource center
xuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote