Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2000, 12:05 PM   #1
zMan

Exclamation Advertising.com Paying 4 Cents a Click & 35 Cents CPM!

What the he** is with this... I am so p***ed after seeing my Advertising.com statistics today!

I delivered 108 clicks (CPC) on their ads yesterday and I made a whole 4 Dollars and 78 cents! Yes, that's correct. 108 ***468x60 ads*** clicks for $4.78! (That's like 4.4 cents/click!) And then they are paying $0.35/CPM for their CPM ads. This better be an error. It's the same for the day before, and today.

Someone from Advertising.com please comment on this! You guys never even answer my e-mails. Great support you've got there.

*If someone else here is using Advertising.com, how are your rates? Please post your views.

Thanks in Advance.

------------------
zMan
zMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 01:12 PM   #2
gladius

Unhappy

Hmm. . . I just checked my stats for today and saw about net to me $1.50 CPM with .86% CTR for the 26th - not our best, but not bad now-a-days either.

If the problem just appeared today they will probably get back to you in a bit. usually, my emails are replied to within 24 hours.
gladius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 01:26 PM   #3
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

Hello valued members, please consider "switching to decaf." <Thats a joke but maybe a valid idea?>

I will invite Advertising.com to comment in the hopes that it will help all of us.

------------------
Best Regards,
Steve_S
Your Administrator - Read the story of geek/talk
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 01:55 PM   #4
JohnD

Unhappy

Howdy folks-

I do not work with the regular ad network that is being referenced above, but was asked by a co-worker to reply on his behalf. Zman - email accountmgr@advertising.com and you will get a reply within 48 hours - typically a bit sooner. Unfortunately I can't comment on what one account is making versus another because I don't have the data, but your dedicated account manager (if you don't know who it is, we will find out via the email address above) should be able to help you.

I don't know what email address you were using to address the issue or how long you waited, but this should help you address your concerns outside of this forum.

regards-

John - johnd@advertising.com

John DeMayo
New Product Development
Advertising.com
JohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 02:00 PM   #5
CyberMan
Member.

Unhappy

Yesterday's stats look weird. For 70 clicks I got paid something like $4.00. That's less than 6 cents CPC. It was never this low. My average CTR has been consistently around 0.3% for CPC and 1.0% for CPM though.

------------------
CyberMan
cyber_man2000@email.com
CyberMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 02:28 PM   #6
Kathy

Unhappy

I had the same questions and frustrations when I saw yesterday's stats.

I had 51 click throughs for $ 5.40( I know...lousy click throughs rates for 25,000 views)

and the day before

66 click throughs for 10.90 (another 25,000 day) ...lots more$ per click than the day before...

Neither of these stats are counting the CPM of 1.67 and 1.82 for 2,000 views...

I think there must be an error.

Right ad.com?

[This message has been edited by Kathy (edited 09-27-2000).]
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 03:31 PM   #7
AK

Unhappy

Well, here are my stats for today: $0.021 CPC, $0.246 CPM. CPM has been in the range of $0.35 all week, but was as low as $0.15 a couple of days ago. CPC was about $0.15 until yesterday, when it started to drop.
AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 06:17 PM   #8
pmak0
Member.

Unhappy

For September 26, www.animewallpapers.com:

28,143 CPC impressions
12 CPC clickthroughs
0.04% CPC CTR
$0.58 made from CPC

17,828 CPM impressions
8 CPM clickthroughs
0.04% CPM CTR
$10.72 made from CPM
pmak0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 07:26 PM   #9
suresk

Unhappy

This may be due to "Exchange" or Public Service ads on their network (per the new policy). I noticed some days where I had a bunch of clicks on CPC and $0.00 in earnings. My other clicks have been dropping, and CPM has been in the $0.10 - $0.20 range. Doesn't look too bright.

------------------
Spencer Uresk
spencer@uresk.net
Check out my newest site!
<A HREF="http://www.myprizesite.com" TARGET=_blank>
http://www.myprizesite.com</A>
suresk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 08:05 PM   #10
eitan

Unhappy

I know i'm stuck in the past a bit, but what happened to the good old teknosurf... i stopped using them since they got so big, the support is not nearly the same, i remember sending them 4-5 emails and never got a reply.

Good luck
eitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2000, 11:13 PM   #11
JonathanLB
Member.

Unhappy

That is utterly pathetic.

With CPC rates that low, you might as well put a generic Amazon.com banner up and pray like you-know-what that someone clicks on it.

LOL. I had someone buy a TI-83 Plus graphing calculator from my site Wednesday, that is SO NICE! I'm excited, haha, almost $5 commission.

I'm also a member of the Advertising.com network now, but I've not started using their banner ads until I get a response from my account manager. I'd like to switch my account from exclusive to non-exclusive, since I am using Fast Click. Then I want to put up a pop-up exit banner, etc...

I applied to Value Click today and fell over laughing when it said, "We will respond to you within ten business days."

TEN?! Is that a joke? No offense at all because it seems like a good company in terms of payment and frequency, etc, but that is the biggest joke of customer service I have ever seen.

The really good companies guarantee response in 24 hours or less, simple as that. I guarantee response in 24 hours or less too, it's just good policy.

35 cent CPM, lol, dang that is horrid.

With 25,000 page views you'd think you could make $20 a day at least.
JonathanLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2000, 04:54 PM   #12
Kathy

Unhappy

I heard back from my rep at advertising.com with the mystery solved.

Nope it isn't an error.

Right now almost all the campaigns are finished for the month and the new ones won't start until October 1. Most of the ads running on my site are the "house banners" like cool registration, treasure spot, and so on.....

They count the clicks....but if they are house banners, no money is paid out for those...so the legit banners are paid while the others aren't....changing the average payout per click with every day on each site.

Its like a weird word math problem....

(I didn't know that those were house banners...I thought "advertising.com" banners were house banners.)

I've gotten an education and hopefully the stats will rise again on the first of October.

[This message has been edited by Kathy (edited 09-28-2000).]
Old 09-28-2000, 05:09 PM   #13
zMan

Arrow

Okay, it's another thing that they Don't have many paying ads left since it's almost the end of the month. But it's another thing that they are using the Unsold inventory to promote their own partner websites on 1000's of members websites!

Imagine, they are getting thousands of targetted visitors to their websites for free. That ****es me off even more.

At least other companies show Charity ads for the sake of Helping when they don't have any paying ads, or have the options to set a default campaign.

These big companies always setup terms & conditions to benefit themseleves. Before they were paying for Cool Registration & Tearsure Spot ads, but not any more, as per their new Policies.

Old Advertising.com was much much better!

Discliamer: These are just my opinions and are not meant to offend other members of this BB, members of Advertising.com, or anyone working for Advertising.com.

------------------
zMan

[This message has been edited by zMan (edited 09-28-2000).]
zMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2000, 01:29 PM   #14
AK

Thumbs down

zMan, I couldn't agree with you more...
Quote:
Originally posted by Kathy:
Right now almost all the campaigns are finished for the month and the new ones won't start until October 1.
Well, it's been 5 days since October 1 and nothing has changed. My average CPM for today was $0.135 (all banner sizes, CPM and CPC combined), which actually is a whole cent better than the average for the whole month.

I'll give them one more week, then I'm taking my business elsewhere.
AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2000, 05:08 PM   #15
Kathy

Unhappy

I'm frustrated with them too.

It seems about the time that this post was originally started that I noticed a significant loss in click throughs. My views seemed normal, but it was the actual click through numbers were way down.

Add to that the fact that many (most?) of those click throughs didn't count and I started having dollar days instead of the norm.

I thought maybe my stats were low for click throughs because my traffic was tired of the same tired ads.....and so they weren't interested in those ads...

But now the new month has started and I don't see much new...and very little difference in click through rates.....

I have no idea what is going on but I'm discouraged. (This on top of the fact that I never received my june payout...even though they sent it somewhere. Someone else intercepted the check and has cashed it somehow and ad.com is STILL trying to figure out who cashed it, what bank.....and where the money is.....UGH) I've gotten my other checks each month...so I'm unsure how to get that resolved since I keep emailing them and they keep saying they are "checking"....

What happens if someone fraudulently cashes your check? Do you ever get the funds?