Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Search Engine Marketing & Optimization
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2006, 12:47 PM   #1
TonyM

Question Web Site promotion system - Does not work?

I really need advise because I can not understand what's happened after I used automatic submission:

I used World Wide Promoter and Search Engine Blaster to promote my web site. 2 years and even year ago it brought more visits to my website. So it worked fine.

This spring I launched Search Engine Blaster and noted that my traffic come down. From about 4500 visits per day to 3500.
I stopped that.

Week ago I renewed my account with World Wide Promoter , and have made the submission just once. And I see exactly from the day of submission traffic decrease by 500 visits. (Those systems submit to search engines and FFA pages)

Has anyone got the same problem?
Any comments/advise please?

How can I increase traffic to my website?

Thank you
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #2
Del

Try giving us a link to your site. That will allow for more detailed opinions.
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:29 AM   #3
Czar

Webmaster

Hi Tony,

As you'll find by browsing this forum, most experienced web publishers warn people against using any auto-submission tools these days.

While a broad range of submission tools were valuable in the past, many search engines now not only block these, but threaten to penalise sites that use such tools. Most of these tools now also submit to a range of FFA (free-4-all) link lists, which almost guarantee to increase the flow of spam into your inbox, while triggering Google and others to flag your site for appearing within 'bad neighbourhoods'.

Just avoid them altogether and you'll be in a far better position.

Hope this helps.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
princess23

what is the link of your site?
princess23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
PaperclipCMS

I think its best that you start working on replacing the submission based inbounds with natural inbounds and more white-SEO approaches. I wish you all the best.
PaperclipCMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #6
TonyM

Thank you very much!

My site is http://bodybuildbid.com

Any other suggestions and advices will be highly appreciated.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote