Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2001, 10:42 AM   #1
Sedesrem

Question Haven't heard of Advertising.com long? How are they?

Are they still alive? Anybody publish there? And how are their rates and defauts during the crisis?
Sedesrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 01:05 PM   #2
Lil_Red

Unhappy

We dropped them - their inventory was becoming mostly defaults or CPA deals that you can sign up on your own through BeFree.

Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 01:24 PM   #3
musicinsight

Unhappy

They dropped me.

I sent highly-focused beams of badwill their way.

I don't know how much longer they can withstand my onslaught.
musicinsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 01:43 PM   #4
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

Never liked advertising.com, I was with them on and off (mostly off) since the beginning of their Teknosurf days, but they earned my distain more than once. (They always paid me, I received a couple checks from their Netezines program, but they got me in more subtle ways.)

That auto-censor system thing is starting to bug me. It ***** . ***** !!! ... D'OH!!! http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Darren Hewer
webmaster, www.dosgames.com & www.potofgold.org
dosgames.com is back! Visit for over 200 freeware/shareware DOS games.
"Some people have a way with words, while others ... uhhhhh ... thingy."

[This message has been edited by MZ (edited 02-15-2001).]
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 06:49 PM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

Advertising.com offer a reasonable service with impressive payouts. During the past six months or so, their ads have become less attractive to surfers (I used to see CTRs around 1-2%, but lately they've been around 0.3%). They also offer support for alternative-sized banners, such as 120x60 buttons, which offers an additional stream of revenue.

I was dumped from their banner program about a month and a half ago with the excuse that I wasn't delivering enough impressions (I was serving 240,000 buttons/month). Given this, plus the fact that several other affiliates have been cut, I would suggest that they are focusing on representing a few larger properties, rather than several small sites.

In short, their banner program is quite good, if you can get in, but ValueClick and WebsiteSponsors are probably better options.

Advertising.com also offers the NetEzines and AdSearches.com programs, which are both strong, and don't seem to havew been seriously affected by the market downturn.

------------------
Czar
Net-Ads - Webmaster Resource Center
iOnline Network
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 07:10 PM   #6
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Czar:

In short, their banner program is quite good, if you can get in, but ValueClick and WebsiteSponsors are probably better options.

Advertising.com also offers the NetEzines and AdSearches.com programs, which are both strong, and don't seem to havew been seriously affected by the market downturn.

I use Websitesponsors as a last resort - their ads seem very limited in the last 2 months to only 2 or 3 in rotation.

I was looking at the adsearches program and I'm leery of any scaled program that is based on quality. If it were a scaled program based on CTR then I might consider trying it.

Just my 2 cents though.

------------------
Webmaster
http://server.com
Old 02-16-2001, 04:46 AM   #7
Sedesrem

Smile

And how's Chet with his websitesponsors? He used to post here and gone now...

And by tha way, guys, have you got any ideas about the market down? Im not strong at economical topics but how long will it last, why it happens in such a way and what will be the change to online advertising?
Sedesrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2001, 05:44 AM   #8
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Sedesrem:
And how's Chet with his websitesponsors? He used to post here and gone now...

And by tha way, guys, have you got any ideas about the market down? Im not strong at economical topics but how long will it last, why it happens in such a way and what will be the change to online advertising?
Websitesponsors, at least for us, shows one ad over and over with almost no conversion.

The best place to stay up on ad news is sites like ClickZ and any of the tech news sites.