Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2001, 01:52 PM   #1
kerplunk
Member.

Unhappy Website Sponsors: Closing

Hey, if you use Website Sponsors, or have ever wanted to try them out, I'm sorry but I have a good feeling that they are closing.

I posted a topic at their froum (which they have took out of service now) but here is what it said:
http://forums.iboost.com/ubb/Forum40/HTML/000198.html

chet is/was/who knows the owner of Website Sponsors. I am STC.

This ***** , WSS used to be a good network.
kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 03:57 PM   #2
xuniverse
Member.

Unhappy

that makes me REALLY ****** @ iboost... WSS was a great company when it was just chet. Everysince iboost came along, payments times were longer, and there was much less sold ads.
xuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 04:08 PM   #3
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Please refrain from unsubstantiated rumors. Having a post deleted from a company support forum does not mean the company is going under.

Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 04:22 PM   #4
xuniverse
Member.

Unhappy

are you a member of them???

I AM. I hear what goes on... we got feb. checks about 2 weeks later because of iboost accounting problems. Chet was yelling at them in the forum.

Other Facts:

WSS is always on defaults now, no new members allowed, their forum was closed, even chet says "can you guess whats happening?"

This sounds to me like iboost is shutting them down.

CHET WE LOVE YOU! DROp IBOOST AND GO SOLO AGAIN

xuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 04:36 PM   #5
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

Members,

I will try and reach Chet as well as iBoost since they are all members of this BB and have posting privileges.

Thanks for your continued cooperation and support.

------------------
Steve_S
Administrator/Owner/Webmaster/Tribal Chief/Janitor
Read what our Members think of geek/talk.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant." -Horace
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 04:37 PM   #6
Lil_Red

Unhappy

My checks come on time from them and until I receive any communications from the company, you are spreading unsubstantiated rumors.

Please stick to the facts in the future.
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 04:47 PM   #7
kerplunk
Member.

Unhappy

Hey,

I love WSS too guys... I was just posting what I saw. I know all the stuff you said xuniverse is true. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

Lil_Red, Hi: They didn't delete this one, their forum is out of service to members, but I still saved the URL. They took websitesponsors.com/forum down.

Steve: Great! I really want to know what is happening. Chet said he will post it soon, so I don't know if I would disturb him or not, but if he's going to close WSS I think we should talk about it.

Lil_Red (AGAIN): It's called predicting the future... I never said they WERE closing. I said I have a good feeling that they are. Actually it's not a "good" feeling. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

I have received a check from them too. I love them, none of my checks have been late. (Not that I keep track of them though...)
Old 04-05-2001, 04:49 PM   #8
Chet

Unhappy

Hello everyone. I would like to say thanks for all the supportive posts in this thread directed towards me personally.

As far as rumor control goes I can honestly say that I have no idea what iBoost is going to do with Website Sponsors as of right now.

All I can say is that April 02, 2001 was my last day as an employee of iBoost and I am no longer managing WSS. I was preparing to send out an announcement to WSS affiliates about the news that I am no longer in charge of WSS and where to send the support emails to as I got Steve's email about this thread.

All WSS affiliates will be receiving this email by tonight and I will also post it in here as well after I send it out.

I would like to personally thank everyone for your support over the past 2 years that I ran WSS. It was a very pleasant and great learning experience that also found myself with many new friends.

I will still be hanging out here so everyone can put the hankies away and stop crying now http://geekvillage.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Thank Again,

Chet Brzezinski
WebsiteSponsors.com Founder

Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 04:52 PM   #9
kerplunk
Member.

Question

Double post... ignore this... sorry. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by kerplunk (edited 04-05-2001).]
Old 04-05-2001, 04:53 PM   #10
kerplunk
Member.

Unhappy

Wow, that was FAST.

Chet, we love you man.

[This message has been edited by kerplunk (edited 04-05-2001).]
Old 04-05-2001, 05:00 PM   #11
Steve_S

Arrow

Thanks so much for the post Chet and good luck.

Actually, it took me a few minutes to find my email client on my cluttered screen (21 windows open) so the "Chet" responce time was under 5 minutes http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Steve_S
Administrator/Owner/Webmaster/Tribal Chief/Janitor
Read what our Members think of geek/talk.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant." -Horace
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 05:00 PM   #12
Robert from SI

Unhappy

Okay Chet, here's SI's final offer....

You can have the cappuchino-espresso machine in your office, and I'll give in on the personal massage therapist, but no company Porsche.

Okay, okay....maybe a Boxster, but absolutely no on the 911. I mean it!

(just kidding....Chet has been one of the few long term stand up guys in this industry....we wish him well and look forward to doing business in the future no matter what he ends up persuing.)
Robert from SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 05:25 PM   #13
Chet

Unhappy

Here is the email I sent to the WSS affiliates...basically the same thing I just said in here http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

-------------------------------------------
Dear Website Sponsors Affiliates:

I would like to announce that I am no longer managing WebsiteSponsors anymore and I am no longer the point of contact for any support issues that you may have. Any support concerns can be directed to iBoost at the following email address:
websitesponsors@iboost.com

I would like to personally thank everyone for your support over the past 2 years that I ran WSS. It was a very pleasant and great learning experience that also found myself with many new friends.

Thanks Again,
Chet Brzezinski
WebsiteSponsors.com Founder
-------------------------------------------
Old 04-05-2001, 05:26 PM   #14
kerplunk
Member.

Question

So, what are you going to be doing now Chet? Why did you leave WSS, by the way? :?
Old 04-05-2001, 05:36 PM   #15
Chet

Unhappy

I will just say that I left iBoost for "personal" reasons.