Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-1999, 09:39 AM   #1
tteenie

Default Is Cybergold reporting?

Just wondering if anyone has seen any stat reports from Cybergold lately if you are running the Free Mousepad program with it. I get a lot of Mousepad orders but wondering how Cybergold is doing. Do you think Websponsors issues Cybergold's checks? Websponsor never replied to my inquiries. And Cybergold doesn't seem to ever get listed under Websponsors' stats anymore like they used to.

------------------
http://gigglegarden.com/
tteenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-1999, 12:08 PM   #2
WildComputer

The html ad doesn't seem to be recorded in Click-thrus unless I'm missing something in reading in their stats. I link to websponsors perl script using their exact form code for the HTML ad.

I also run the small banner and have some clicks on that.

therefore I can't give you a % conversion rate.

But based on my traffic the conversation rate seems reasonable (much better than yours). I am not targetting traffic to display CG ads to - I just show them to random surfers.

Contrary to what you say, I have found Ws to be both professional and reliable. They also pay exactly on time (yes I know they pay slower than some - but they do exactly what they say).

I'd agree that WS don't have the flashiest site. But personally I judge a program by their range of advertisers, how much money I can make, the quality of their support, the fact their system is up, that they keep me informed - and WS is top rate in all these categories.

Personally I think Websponsors are great. They are also one of my best earning programs.

[This message has been edited by WildComputer (edited 07-16-99).]
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-1999, 12:20 PM   #3
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I've also found WS to be very good ... but only because my site is targeted very well to some of their programs.

They do pay on time (albeit 2 months late) and although their site isn't extremely well put together, it works.

BTW, I think Cybergold sends in signup reports monthly or something, not weekly or biweekly like most other advertisers.

------------------
Darren Hewer
webmaster, www.potofgold.org
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-1999, 12:47 PM   #4
tteenie

I have no complaints about Websponsors paying at all whatsoever - they have been great & consistent with their checks! My sweepstakes novelty wore off though after 2 months & slowed to almost a halt as did the other offers which got stale. I don't promote anything but Alexa right now from Websponsors because I get a lot of repeat visitors and clicks were slowing as were the leads. Almost all their sweeps are by Deliver E & I think I pretty much exhausted their database for my satisfaction & too many Free sites seem to have worn out the impact! I have been having much better results with finding my own programs now from asking the demographics of my visitors. BUT thumbs up to Websponsors for giving me my initial eye opener to the earning potential on a new site & a positive attitude toward affiliate programs!!! http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif Life goes on & we all move on as we learn & grow & that's the only way we'll know!
Old 07-16-1999, 03:33 PM   #5
KHN
Member.

Does anybody use CyberGold from Direct Lead or Tecknosurf? They pay $.40 for every
lead no matter how much you referrals you have. I have since switch to them from websponsors since they pay more.

------------------
KHN
Do you love Freebies?
Click Here Now!
members.tripod.com/~allfreestuff/freestuff.html

KHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-1999, 11:25 PM   #6
WildComputer

My WS stats only cover a few days in July and don't include any Cybergold yet

Earn Cybergold (offerid 246) is in my stats for June

I don't do free mousepads as I couldn't be bothered to set it up.
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-1999, 11:34 PM   #7
Ariakas

I sent 300 very targetted clicks to Cybergold and only got 4 signups. WS is unprofessional and I suspect some type of cheating with the advertisers reports. Anyone else had problems? I don't use them anymore...
Ariakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-1999, 05:57 AM   #8
tteenie

Update!...
Cybergold reports are In! Check your stats everyone. http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif