Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Google Search Engine and AdWords
User Name
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #1

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis, Missouri USA
Posts: 3,015
Default Google passes 60% search market share

Some people are beginning to say there is just no stopping Google when it comes to search market share. The competing search engines are doing the very best they can, but Google continues to gain market share.

It was a major achievement when Google passed 50% of the search market share. Now, according to Hitwise, Google has more than a 60% share of the U. S. search market. The 800 pound search engine gorilla may now be up to 900 pounds, and possibly still gaining weight.

For the four-week period which ended July 29, 2006, Google received 60.2% of United States based Internet searches. In June it was 59.3%.

In this same period, Yahoo had 22.5% and MSN was at 11.8%.

These big 3 search engines accounted for 94.5% of all the searches in the United States. The combined total of the other 54 search engines was only 5.5% during this period, according to Hitwise. http://weblogs.hitwise.com/bill-tanc...e_numbers.html
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Most Microsoft workers search with Google Larwee Search Engine Marketing & Optimization 1 06-22-2006 08:04 PM
Google Forum For Webmasters Welcome - Read Me - Tips Steve_S Google Search Engine and AdWords 2 03-26-2003 05:19 PM
ClickXChange Help collegepoetry Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs 14 06-12-2002 09:47 PM
Google image search - to allow or not? Jarusa Search Engine Marketing & Optimization 1 10-04-2001 02:49 AM
Brainfox.com's Search program, is it good??? (up to .10 per search.) Nintendo Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs 6 02-20-2001 12:22 AM

Please support our advertisers. They ensure our survival.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.

GeekVillage.com is copyright © 1998-2015 Curiosity Cave - Science gifts for clever kids. All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.