Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Web Hosting Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2001, 01:20 PM   #1
notibrian

Unhappy

maybe you can email tera-byte and ask for a custome package .... as they are allowing the most BW for the lowest prices, maybe we will get 100GB for less than $500 http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
notibrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 02:22 PM   #2
ReadTheGR

Smile

notibrian,

Thanks for the suggestion. Tera-byte has some good packages for dedicated servers - I sent them an email.
ReadTheGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 12:27 AM   #3
ReadTheGR

Talking 100 gig of bandwidth from Web Host

Hello,

We have a fast growing technology content site and we have just been notified by our web host that they will bump up our monthly charges by $500. The Web Hosting company states is a strictly "unlimited bandwidth" company, except for the fine print that if you have paid advertising on the site, your BW limit is 6G. We currently are at around 60G monthly and growing fast. I don't want you to think we are complaining about having lots of traffic, but any bump up in costs hurts.

My question is - does anyone know of a host that will allow 60G of bandwidth that is under $500 monthly (but would allow expansion to 100G at least). ALso, for those of you with your own servers, at what point does it pay to move from a web host to purchasing a server, and what does that cost for initial outlay and monthly cost?

Thanks,
Glenn www.UltimateResourceSite.com
ReadTheGR is offline   Reply With Quote