View Single Post
Old 12-10-2000, 11:00 PM   #7
Flix

Unhappy

This is interesting, as most of the people who have replied are most interested in a high bandwidth managed virtual server.

I've been discussing this with my UNIX guru and how would a package along these rough ballpark lines be? 5 gigs storage space - 100 gigs of bandwidth - all the normal stuff like your own cgi-bin, FTP access, Telnet access, plenty of email accounts, blah, blah, blah for $150-200/month. Yes, this would be for a virtual server that we would be responsible for maintaining and would only be shared with about a dozen other people (not several hundred like most virtual servers are). The only thing we could not guarantee would be power backups, so every once in a while the site may go down for a short period of time, but that is quite rare. The best part would be a direct phone number to the business (and my personal cellular phone number) in the event of a problem, so no more waiting on hold forever to talk to someone.

Anyone in such a need? Actual specifics can be varied for a particular situation. If you have any non-mission critical sites that use a lot of bandwidth or need large amounts of storage, please email me as I'm trying to see if I can make this fly.

[This message has been edited by Flix (edited 12-10-2000).]