URL: http://www.amusingpics.com
Age of the Site: 14 months

Sale Includes:
AmusingPics.com URL
All code and content
70,000+ subscriber email list
Personal assistance in the transfer

Reason for Selling:
The long and the short of it is that I'm in my senior year of the Electrical Engineering program at the University of Florida and have absolutely zero time to update the site and take full advantage of its proven revenue generating ability. My time constraints started hitting hard during Finals week of last semester (December) and the traffic decreased when I stopped sending my newsletter out as frequently. Since the contacts are still valid and available it will be easy to return to the traffic levels in November

Before that point I could send out my newsletter 5 days a week and hit 10,000 uniques / day quite easily. In November (the last month of full maintenance) AmusingPics.com pulled in over $2,500 USD. I don't want to violate the rule about extracting traffic so I have images of the check stubs available on email request.

I still earn at least $1,000 USD per month with much less updating on my part, and it will be extremely easy to get this site up to $2,000 - $3,000 per month minimum since the potential comes built in. The revenue is generated from banners, on-site text ads, and newsletter ads. All the programs, and the advertising methods used, will be given to the buyer. Even if you don't have much experience making money online I will be ready and willing to help you learn.

This site has an easy to use custom PHP/MySQL backend so updates can be done through any web browser and without any HTML. One can expect to spend from 30 minutes to 1 hour per day to maximize earnings potential.

I will make myself very available to whoever decides to buy this site and will help you get it running smoothly.

Traffic Stats:
Avg. currently around 5,000 uniques per day
although if you start sending the newsletter out regularly it will get back up to at least 10,000 uniques/day

http://vwr1.hitbox.com/HitboxUI?acct=WQ510118G1AR&p=1&rf=hc

The traffic comes from a mix of bookmarks, link exchanges, search engines, and the newsletter.

Newsletter:
70,000 subscribers
The majority of these were obtained through the very reputable SuperTaf co-reg campaign. All others were obtained through signup forms on the site itself.

Revenue:
Currently: around $1,000 / month
With diligent maintenance: around $2,500 / month

Expenses:
$100 / month

Asking Price:
I've often seen it said that it's fair to ask for one year's revenue as a buying price which would work out to $30,000 USD, but I would be willing to sell this site for $15,000.

I've tried to be as complete as possible here, feel free to ask questions if there are any.

abendagar
02-27-2002, 01:42 AM
NO offense but 1 year of profit is 12,000$ if you make 1,000$ from it. You can sell a site on potential profit but, in my opinion, you can't just say that it will make $3k if you put in 30 mins a day.

Kurbin
02-27-2002, 02:28 AM
I would agree with you if I were projecting potential growth of the site but this is a different situation.

I have check stubs to prove that AmusingPics.com generated over $2,500 in revenue during the month of November with a slightly smaller (couple thousand less) newsletter size. The only reason for the drop in income is huge time constraints on my end which resulted in sporadic updates of the page.

Just to clear up a potential question I can see arising here, no advertising for AmusingPics.com was run in November.

With this in mind, I would say that it's safe to say that those income levels are extremely attainable since it has already been met.

On a side note, the 30 minutes - 1 hour per day of work is once you are comfortable with all the details (update/ad placement/general maintenance/etc). It may require a couple days with several hours devoted to "messing around" with different aspects of the site, but humor sites don't require much special knowledge at all. Plus I'll be available to help in the transition.

Click Here!