PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with CBM?

denasio
12-28-2000, 10:20 AM
I just logged into my CBM account and read this:

Due to the current slowdown in the internet advertising market, advertisers are now paying 60 to 90 days after a campaign has completed. This has forced us to modify our payment schedule. We will be issuing publisher payments January 15th for November revenue and February 28th for December revenue. We regret the inconvenience that this may cause our publishers, and hope you will understand why we have had to make this change.

Is this normal? Why didn't I notice a slowdown in the internet advertising market with ValueClick? What is wrong with CBM? I really don't like this new payment schedule!

ValueAd
12-29-2000, 09:41 AM
Your question "Is this normal? Why didn't I notice a slowdown in the Internet advertising market with ValueClick? What is wrong with CBM? I really don't like this new payment schedule!"

Yes it is a slowdown on paid cpm/cpc advertising. All advertisers ask for cpa.
You need to remember that right before ValueClick went public DoubleClick dump 80 mil into VC.
You donít see VC slowdown on payments but take a look at VLCK ( http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=VCLK&d=1y ) The stock was down since day one. You may say as long as I get my check I donít care about the stock, that is the wrong way to look at it.
I believe that this information will answer your question. I like VC and respect this company but public company like VC financial situation is open for everyone.

I can't speak for CBM but here at ValueAd our webmasters will be paid January 5 for December.
The problem is that everyone is ordering campaigns but is not willing to pay. (http://www.F***edadvertiser.com) We have some LARGE clients who still owed us >100 0000 since June. We are taking legal actions on Jan 2001 and there is no other way to get our money back. All networks face the same problems. It is almost impossible to get clients to prepay for advertising in order to guarantee your payouts.
ValueAd believes that we have good revenue to stay in business with all overhead (300K in servers, >100K in software development, employees and office, phones, marketing and salaries) for next 6 month doing nothing.

Things on the market are not easy.
Let me give you another example. You might be surprised or never thought about it.
Stock Market jump on UK pound and all UK companies slam US Banner Ad Networks asking for advertisers and price jump from 25 cents to 35 right away.
Everyone is asking 50-65 cents per click for UK traffic, it is incredible and you guys need to realize that. Ad network gets 25 and payout about 15-20 cents. And you (webmasters) are getting up to 80% of whatever Ad Networks are making. I believe thatís pretty generous.

I am glad to have such forum where can I express my personal opinion.

------------------ http://www.valuead.com
Ad Network Where Webmasters are in charge.

[This message has been edited by ValueAd (edited 12-29-2000).]