PDA

View Full Version : Mailbits tell-a-friend conversion rates

Jarusa
09-25-2000, 09:43 PM
As there are quite a few webmasters here that use the mailbits tell-a-friend service I think it would be interesting to see the conversion rates (% of tell-a-friend completions per click) of recent times. On one of my own sites the converion rates have been as follows:

April 41%
May 42%
June 42%
July 31%
August 37%
September 45%

I am pretty happy with these, should I be? Are they high, low or ordinary?

Toefur
09-26-2000, 02:51 AM
They are good conversion rates, I think.

I currently have a conversion rate of 57% for them; but that's just because i've created these sites especially for the tell-a-friend forms; and they're prtty much all that is on it.

moose
09-26-2000, 04:26 AM
mine are around 20% which is pretty damn low..

TheWebHead
09-27-2000, 09:04 AM
Is it just from my location or is mailbits.com dead right now? I haven't been able to log in since last night.

tropezar
09-27-2000, 10:19 AM
Yeah, mailbits is down.

They sent out an e-mail last night that I already trashed, otherwise I would repost it here. It said something to the effect that they were moving to a better server and would take the site down at 1 AM Eastern time, but that it would be up by morning. But it isn't.

Scott

zMan
09-27-2000, 11:31 PM
Subj: MailBits.com: System Upgrade
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 8:45:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: ------------@---.---

This mail is never sent unsolicited. You are receiving this mailing because you have registered for the MailBits.com affiliate program.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Affiliates,

Congratulations on your success. As to date, MailBits.com has paid out to all our affiliates over $6 million, and we are looking to pay you a lot more. So, keep growing your subscribers' list, and keep up
the good work. As a part of upgrading our system, we are going to be taking down the system tonight after 1:00 am (US Eastern Standard Time). So, look for MailBits to be faster and better than ever.

Note: Please do not respond to this e-mail as we will be up and running by the morning.

- The MailBits Team

------------------
zMan

Jarusa
09-28-2000, 03:59 AM
Mailbits have been down for over a day now. I hope their new server is more reliable than their old one. They pay on time, give great bonuses, and have excellent rates but their reliability has been their main weakness.

Back onto conversion rates. I have found that my sites aimed more specifically at the tell-a-friend service have conversion rates about 10% higher than my non-targeted sites.