PDA

View Full Version : TRAGIC NEWS: Geek/Talker Larry Weedon (Larwee) has passed away

Czar
01-06-2009, 09:03 AM
I just received some gut-wrenching news from Linda over at 5-Star Affiliate Marketing Forums. Larry Weedon, who most of you will know as Larwee, passed away on the weekend from a suspected heart condition. He died in his St Louis home.

Larry was a very special human being. As most of you would have experienced first-hand, Larry was incredibly generous with his time and attention. He helped many members of this community and Linda's, where he also moderated, to get started in this industry and to remain inspired throughout the process of building their web publishing and online marketing careers.

Larry was a veteran of the industry but never included a signature in his posts because he wanted his advice to be perceived as objective and selfless. He was the most prolific poster within the community for more than two years and his words remain ingrained in many of our finest discussion threads; several of which he started.

I considered Larry to be a friend and one of the most willingly giving people I have known. His words and the gift of his knowledge he provided to this community will be with us always.

Enjoy his 3000+ quality posts here:
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=7346

:ribbon: :ribbon: :ribbon:

praveen
01-06-2009, 10:13 AM
This is really really Shocking!!!!

OMG!!!

gophergas
01-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Rest in peace, Larwee --- you selflessly helped a lot of people, and your wisdom will live on.

Jan
01-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Wow! What a shock! Any idea if he had been ill for some time Josh? Or was this sudden?

RIP Larry :angel:

Czar
01-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Apparently he was feeling quite ill in the days prior, but didn't hint at anything serious being wrong. He was still moderating actively at another forum as late as last week, so things seem to have taken a turn for the worse quite quickly.

For those who don't know, Larry has always kept his personal life very private, even from those close to him. For that reason, he was not likely to advertise the fact that he was feeling terrible if that was the case, possibly out of fear of letting people down or being judged, which is a small tragedy all of its own.

gggorosin22
01-06-2009, 11:07 PM
wow...such a tragic great loss. There could only be one Larwee.

Jan
01-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Apparently he was feeling quite ill in the days prior, but didn't hint at anything serious being wrong. He was still moderating actively at another forum as late as last week, so things seem to have taken a turn for the worse quite quickly.

For those who don't know, Larry has always kept his personal life very private, even from those close to him. For that reason, he was not likely to advertise the fact that he was feeling terrible if that was the case, possibly out of fear of letting people down or being judged, which is a small tragedy all of its own.
Yeah, I read the thread over at 5-Star Affiliate Marketing Forums. Seems Linda was a bit concerned with his absence and sent the police to his home to check on him :(

Bondings
01-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I don't know what to say. Every regular on this forum certainly knew him from his many excellent posts, the many people he helped. Indeed a tragic loss.

vik88
01-16-2009, 08:49 AM
very upset... RIP Larry ... i hope you will have the better life above .... =(

Zila1
01-24-2009, 10:26 AM
rest in peace, Larry Weedon. I'm shocked. Just can't think of him as of dead..

Steve_S
01-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Larry was a very rare and special person who touched so many members with his passion, dedication, knowledge, unselfish nature, and his willingness to help others.

I would like to think that he is still moderating this thread from a different perspective. The "Larrys" of online Communities don't come around often. Even in a Community like GV which is over 10 years old. His presence will be missed and his actions should continue to inspire all members and Administrators/Mods who have always displayed these fine qualities.

My condolences to Larry's family, Linda, and all

RIP old friend. I will miss you.

BubbleTea
08-04-2009, 12:38 AM
wow, newbie here , sorry to hear that
I guess i don't have a chance to know this good guy
what a pity

cyburrr
11-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I haven't checked this forum in ages.

I'm so sorry to hear that. He was such a kind and helpful person.

Godspeed Larwee

Czar
11-12-2009, 07:12 PM
I still think about Larwee quite regularly and was just about to offer him his own blog on Geek/Talk the week that he passed away, as testament to the contributions he made to the careers of many Geek/Talk members.

Prince Serendip
05-30-2010, 03:42 AM
I'm very sorry to hear of larwee's death. One of his posts brought me to this board, and I decided to join. I hope to help and to learn here. That would be a tribute to his memory.

CMRaper
09-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Rest in Peace Mr. Lawree.