PDA

View Full Version : Low traffic but high availabilty/speed - UK

Hatrik Paul
12-31-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm looking for hosting but seem to be struggling to find what I need. I've read through WHT to find relevant threads, but there doesn't seem to be much that fits what I'm looking for. Hopefully someone can help!

I run a website for my own business, based on Joomla. I get very low traffic (ie if I get 10 unique visitors in entire a day, it's been busy one!). The site is quite well optimised and not resource hungry. The critical thing for me is that I need high availability and for it to be very quick/responsive. My site is an online cv/portfolio for my services and I really need to make the best impression possible for my small number of visitors.

My current host was very good to start, but I've found the shared server is often quite slow and seems to be overstretched in terms of resources. I'm bored with chasing them through support tickets about it. They've now recently upgraded to php 5.3 and seem to be having teething problems, as the server is slower than ever.

Now I'm not sure what to do next.

What I'd like:

- high speed/highly available LAMP (or compatible equivalent)
- UK based, if possible
- disk space 1gb or so
- bandwidth is negligible
- would prefer security of well known company but would also like good responsive customer service
- cPanel would be nice, but could live without it

Are there any trustworthy/reliable high availability shared hosts? Or should I be looking at a VPS or maybe Cloud Hosting?

Ideally, I'm looking to spend 20 per month, but I'd be willing to spend more, if it's necessary to get what I want.

Any recommendations or advice?

Thanks!