PDA

View Full Version : Web designer vs Programmer

fiberglass
06-06-2010, 05:19 AM
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie. I want to ask if being a Web designer is enough to start this Internet Marketing. Is Programming skill a necessity and which language is good for startup? I though there are ready made designs which only requires some Visual redesigning without the need of modification at the programming level.
Thanks for the help

flammableeye
07-12-2010, 09:27 AM
What exactly are you planning to do? Programming isn't necessary however it may be very useful. A good language to be fluent in is PHP, as this is the most common prgramming language on the web. However there are always ready made scripts that just require some cosmetics.

JanHask
09-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Well, just for starting, HTML, and then PHP, and maybe for some stuff javascript, or ajax.

Jayres10
10-28-2010, 10:31 AM
I feel that you don't have to do everything yourself. Why not outsource some or get a partner. In the internet marketing business, designing and programming the sites are not enough. You have to possess some leadership skills and be able to offer some directions to your clients.

truckinc
11-01-2010, 04:04 AM
if your are going for business so designing is good to start with webdesign but if you want to expand your business so you have to put up your knowledge in programing also.

butterflyseo
11-01-2010, 08:47 PM
if you do and can create a website, even in basic ways. i think this would be enough, more the less you have the internet marketing experience.

credasys
11-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Programming is very useful if you are developing a site. Being a web designer is not enough if you really want a good-looking and functionable site.

infoman66
11-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Each designer must be familiar with HTML and CSS ...
It is enough to design a site ...
Any other knowledge is welcome (Php, asp, javascript etc) ...

caffeinefreenoob
11-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Why not offer both services, and charge accordingly?

I'd also suggest that you study Sales/Marketing/affiliate marketing/SEO for a year or two. With all of these combined, you can be VERY VERY successful online starting your own websites and creating unique programming for them.

amitmax
12-03-2010, 06:21 AM
I think start with HTML and CSS and after that you can target PHP.
Thanks!

afam4eva
02-22-2011, 04:14 AM
It's always good to know minimal web designing if you want to be an internet marketer.

Digital Design
03-17-2011, 12:59 AM
website designer don't know much about web development

patricia
04-27-2011, 03:35 AM
Hi,

Web designing and programming is two different aspects in IT. Web designing is used to create a mockup design with the help of number of designing platform like photoshop, dreamviewer etc but in other hand the programming is used to develop web application, desktop application in different platform like Java, .net etc.

Thanks

wafflehorse
05-10-2011, 10:11 AM
I work with a developer who can design pretty well. I design, and I can play around with code. ( I would never describe myself as a developer.) But I've found working closely together has been successful. It's good for both to have some knowledge of each one.

hetianyu
06-04-2011, 02:51 AM
website designer don't know much about web development

gidjii
10-17-2011, 11:41 PM
designer?
programmer?
absolutely different..

aman1
10-18-2011, 02:36 AM
Both are different concept web designer design the website and programmer coding the web site.

infosoft
04-19-2012, 06:35 AM
web designer and web programmer both done diffrent tasks. you can start as a web designer if you have knowledge of photoshp and other software use in web designing.

SergeMonrois
05-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Marketing, programming and web design are all the different things :) I think you should read some articles on these topics before to start. Then try yourself in every niche to see what is the best for YOU.

Vmohil
09-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Web Designers and Programmers both are Wheel a Bike . Both Are Required to get Well Designed and Well Functional Website . A web Designers Have Skills With Best Use of Tools Like Illustrator , Dreamweaver, Photoshop or Others . Web Designers are More Creative .Web Programmers have Good Knowledge of Programming Languages 'Works Behind the Website Design ' .Programmer Required Good skills and Fine Practices with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, ASP, ColdFusion, Ruby, Pyt hon and many others . A Best Website Design Company (http://www.fatbit.com/) Have A Team Of Best Web Designers as Well Programmers . So Hire A Well Experienced and Best Web Design Firm That helps to build a Creative and Well Functional Web Design .

jeffsmith
01-24-2013, 06:10 AM
no there are two completely fields

bijutoha
05-29-2013, 01:42 AM
Me also newbie in this field, but my experienced on SEO tells me Web Design and Development both of near in SEO. Need them so much while you want to be an Expert . But important thing is when you want to be a web designer then first of all you should know about html and css.

phil_D
06-07-2013, 05:02 AM
Web designing and programming are very different. But if you can learn them, you will become very rich :)

jamesfranklin128
07-29-2013, 12:26 AM
if I would like to start the web designing then what I will learn in this course?

alandavid
08-06-2013, 03:37 AM
Actually from programing point of view many language in which we developed own skill like, PHP, java, c sharp, C++ . and designing point of view PHP and CSS, HTML these language are very important. but with time pass we must developed our skill with the passage of time.

D3pZ4i
11-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Programming is very useful if you are developing a site. Being a web designer is not enough if you really want a good-looking and functionable site.

xe dap dien (http://xedapgap.com/Xe-dap-dien-gap-7/) | xe đạp điện (http://xedapgap.com/Xe-dap-dien-gap-7/)

i think you should choose developer :)

arronmattwills
12-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie. I want to ask if being a Web designer is enough to start this Internet Marketing. Is Programming skill a necessity and which language is good for startup? I though there are ready made designs which only requires some Visual redesigning without the need of modification at the programming level.
Thanks for the help
First thing you should have a little bit idea about internet marketing SEO and if you want to go programming side then concentrate on php coding.

Now a days jquery is also essential.
all the best.