PDA

View Full Version : Image blur problem IE 8

GSE-Media
02-11-2010, 08:39 PM
I have been having a strange problem viewing one of my sites through IE 8. The logo for the site is a png image. When the site first loads, it looks fine, but if I happen to scroll the page so that the logo is not visible, and then scroll back, it gets blurry, almost like a double image.

It is hard to describe so I took a screen capture and posted it here:

http://www.webphotomart.com/bug.html

It is hard to notice but if you look at the smaller boxes going horizontal, they should have just a 1 px border, and the after image shows almost a slight shadow to it.

I have created the image in both gif and png formats, and it does the same thing. I have not had this problem when viewing the site in Firefox.

Does anyone have any clue?

Gennie32
02-28-2010, 02:20 AM
the resolution seems to be the problem in ur browser IE, try to put up a JPEG image

GSE-Media
03-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I just wanted to follow up on this issue, in case anyone else in the future comes across this with a similar issue. I was able to find the cause of the bug, and a partial solution.

For whatever reason, what caused this was the image being in a table cell that had a fixed height (td width="100" etc.). In my long period of testing and trying to resolve this issue, I did notice that other elements on the page occasionally had the same problem, including the text in a form select box that was in a table cell as well.

I still have no idea why this would cause the problems I was seeing, and I also don't know if it was isolated just on my computer, my version of IE (8) or any other factor, but at least I isolated it.

So that left me with no easy solution, so as a result I am in the process of converting the entire site to a table-less CSS design (which I am nowhere near as familiar with). It is a good way to force me to upgrade my coding! :)

So don't be surprised if you see me back here asking some CSS questions next!